Getting Rid of Cobwebs

I would like to know how to get rid of cobwebs. We have a house in the country and only are there on the weekends. I can clean and get them down and the very next weekend the cobwebs are back. What can I do to get rid of them. Thanks

By Rene J. from Bessemer, AL

Answers:

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

To get rid of a lot of cobwebs, you must eliminate the spiders by placing bomb spray cans in the crawl space under your home if you can get in there. This will stop a lot of spiders and beetles, etc. from entering the home. We do this each spring and also it will help to keep grass cut short and weedeat around the house's sides where insects like to dwell. Rake any clumps of grassy weeds away from the house too. (10/07/2009)

By Lorelei

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

I agree with Lorelei - you have to get rid of the spiders. There is a spray that you use outside around the perimeter of the house. I can't remember who makes it, but I think it has the word "defense" in the name. You might need to spray or bomb the inside also to eliminate the ones that are already there. (10/08/2009)

By Southern Saver

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

Most of my cobwebs are just above my kitchen window and between the window and screen, so I'm assuming the spiders get in through there. I have indoor cats and a dog, plus have allergies myself, so I avoid chemicals in the house. Does anyone have a more natural way to render areas spider-unfriendly?

PS: I've read that that they don't like cold weather, and so are more prevalent this time of year. Nica (10/09/2009)

By bsvgs

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

Here's a really good link about spiders, spider prevention and getting rid of them. You need to read the entire article:

http://www.greenecoservices.com/controlling-your-spiders-naturally/# (10/09/2009)

By Deeli

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

On the other hand, the spiders are catching other insects, and helping you out that way. If all you are worried about is the unsightliness of the cobwebs, I would just go with the broom. (10/09/2009)

By louel53

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

The way I keep my spiders under control is when I'm chasing down the cobwebs I use a plastic bristle broom and I give it a very light mist on the very end of the bristles with an insect spray which kill spiders, when I sweep at the cobwebs I make sure I touch the wall or the ceiling, I'm doing two things a onetime, getting rid of the cobwebs and putting killer just where the spiders are and not my whole room, this is worked very well for me. (10/09/2009)

By BABBIE

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

Put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray around all your windows and doors, or anywhere else they might be getting in. Don't smell the best but if you spray on your way out the smell will be gone by the time you return. Usually once or twice a year will do the trick. Use it at our lake house and rarely see a spider. (10/09/2009)

By Grandma-ma

Getting Rid of Cobwebs

First catch one of the siders in a clean glass jar by inverting over the spider and capping it with a paper plate until the spider is at the bottom and calm. Then look up Google/ images ONLINE HIS NAME by his description. If harmful, kill him. If not thank god for him.

God created all living things for a purpose. We are to take control over them. Don't just kill for the sake of killing. Many spiders are harmless, not aggressive, and perform a wonderful service to prevent all sorts of insects from flying around, getting into cupboards and laying eggs in clothes and foods. Usually those found low and in darker areas are more harmful than those found higher and in plain sight. There are a few that cause nasty bites, and less that are poisonous if they bite in their own defense. Few are aggressive, none go searching for a human to eat. : ) (10/10/2009)

By lyndagayle62

Getting Rid of Cobwebs
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Crocheted Broom Handle Duster
Making a Crocheted Broom Handle Duster
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Getting Rid of Cobwebs
Getting Rid of Cobwebs
🎄