Getting Rid of Condensation Between Glass Windows

Any ideas on how to get condensation out between 2 glass panes? My bathroom window is double glass and you cannot take the window apart. Somehow condensation got between the glass, and how do I remove it? The condensation is spreading. It was only in one section and is now in a couple more places. Please help.

Vanet Uvino

Answers:

Condensation between panes is a sign that the seal is broken and that the window will need to be replaced. (07/17/2005)

By beanygurl

I had this problem once and had to have the window pane replaced. (07/18/2005)

By Meari

The majority of windows have a limited warranty. Usually after about 20 years or so the condensation happens as the seal breaks. I called a window place and yes, they can replace it. Costly, but not as much as replacing the whole window. I miss looking through clear windows but can't afford to have 22 windows replaced just yet. (07/18/2005)

By joesgirl

Until you can get the window replaced, why not try pointing a hair dryer at it? Never had this problem, but this might work. (07/19/2005)

By Claudia

I have seen so many of the double pane windows at the local consignment auction with condensation between the panes that we chose to use single pane windows in our new house. We have 10 inch walls, thus 10 inch window sills, so we built "Storm Windows" that fit on the inside. There is an air space between the window pane and the storm window. The storm window is a wooden frame covered with clear plastic. The plastic is very inexpensive and available in the fabric department of Walmart. The frames are painted to match the window trim and look very nice. We use them in the cold of winter to keep the cold out, and in the heat of summer to keep the heat out. Saves lots on the utility bill. (07/24/2005)

By Harlean from Arkansas

I used a hair dryer. It was 23 degrees out, and it took a long time to heat the glass (one small portion at a time) to get the "fog" to evaporate. As I worked across the window from the bottom to the top, half way up, I noticed droplets of water running down the area I was working on. The "fog" evaporated, rose to the top of the window and condensed in to "rain." After two days of cold nights and sunny days, the window looked just as bad as it did before I wasted my time with the dryer. (01/01/2008)

By david

I am currently dealing with 4 windows with this problem. Instead of replacing them, I am putting faux stain glass design on them. I am using the gallery glass paints. It is removable if you do not like it. (08/28/2008)

By Joan

Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Car Window With Condensation
Removing Condensation from Car Windows
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄