Getting Rid of Crawdads

I have had problems with crawdads for years in my backyard creek, now they seem to be coming into the yard. Any ideas about getting rid of them? I have small grandkids and a small dog so please nothing poisonous.

Thank so much,
Debbie from Wilkesboro, NC

Answers:

Getting Rid of Crawdads

Have you ever cooked a crawdad? They are like little lobsters. Why not catch them and eat them? Serve them with melted butter and salt. There are lots of recipes on the net for crawdads. (06/16/2005)

By valleyrimgirl

Getting Rid of Crawdads

We North Carolinians have had a wetter than normal spring, so the ground water level in your back yard has risen. As summer comes and dries things up a bit, that water level will recede and the crawdads will go back down to the creek. It's just a temporary issue that will take care of itself.

It might interest you to know that the crawdads are harmless little crustaceans, and that their presence indicates a very healthy, nontoxic environment. Be happy! If you don't care to eat them, but maybe enjoy fishing, they make great live bait for bass.
(06/19/2005)

By Les

Getting Rid of Crawdads

I have been told to pour warm salt water in the holes in the yard. (05/24/2007)

By dinokc92

Getting Rid of Crawdads

I have yet to try this method, but after discovering crawdads in my yard I started asking around about them. I moved from the desert so finding crawdads in my lawn was a shocker. The most promising sounding method is to bait a mouse trap with bacon. Supposedly they get their claw stuck in the trap and then can be used for fish bait.

I am wondering though, do the crawdads eat other pests? I mean, I wouldn't want a yard full of them, but are one or two a good thing or should I get rid of them right away? Anyone that knows more than I please help me learn :) (04/07/2009)

By holyberry

Getting Rid of Crawdads
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:34:06 PM on 10.0.0.212 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.