Getting Rid of Creeping Charlie

I see my creeping charlie has survived the winter and is thriving nicely. I have pulled it over and over. It seems to make it grow better. I will not use chemicals, but have read that iodized salt will kill it. If so do you put it on straight or mix it with water? What is the mixing ratio?

By Michelle from Burlington, IA

Getting Rid of Creeping Charlie

I was told by a nurserywoman that a 1/2 cup of borax to 5 gallons of water will kill creeping charlie. Use a watering can to water the grass with this mixture. Give the borax time to dissolve before using. Good luck. (03/13/2010)

By kffrmw88

Getting Rid of Creeping Charlie

Borax does kill creeping charlie, but it has to be applied in exactly the right amount and not too often or you will have trouble. Here is just one link I found on it. (03/19/2010)

By Laniegirl

Getting Rid of Creeping Charlie

I really hate killing plants, can't you ask around to see if someone would dig them up for the taking? They make great hanging plants. We need to learn to share instead of killing off good plants. I take cuttings and start plants to give away. Great to swap also.

Just my opinion.

Great Granny Vi (03/19/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Man on the Street in Charlie Chaplin Costume
Making a Charlie Chaplin Costume
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Sanvitalia (Creeping Zinnia)
Growing Sanvitalia (Creeping Zinnia)