Getting Rid of Crickets

My son has crickets in the basement he would like to get rid off them. Please advise what to use, thanks.

Evelyne from Toronto, Canada

Answers:

Getting Rid of Crickets

When not in use always try to keep your drains plugged. If you don't have enough plugs a Pringles lid or powdered ice tea lid will work as well. I also use glue traps, so far I've caught 5 of them annoying things. (09/20/2007)

By Christine IN

Getting Rid of Crickets

This summer, we began getting crickets in the basement. We think they entered through a crack in our new addition. One week, we'd hear what we thought was one or two, but as the weeks passed, just opening the door to the basement seemed as if we were going into the woods, because there were so many crickets!

We called an exterminator and while we waited for him to find a time to check out out situation, I ran to the local hardware superstore and got a gallon of bug spray.

I sprayed it into the cracks outside our home's foundation and into the walls and ceilings of our basement. Sounds like exhausting work but really, it wasn't.

And guess what: this week, we began to see little, dead crickets along our basement floor, and we no longer hear their "serenade!"

The stuff we bought is called "Bug Stop" and it is made by Spectracide. It cost about five bucks. Pretty efficient way to go, if you ask me :)!
Hope this helps. (09/22/2007)

By Anne in Chicago

Getting Rid of Crickets

Use Raid max, I use it in my basement and spray the crickets when i see them. They die in 10-15 seconds. Spray the sill plates of the house and any cracks you see where they can enter the house. They will crawl across the chemical and die real quick. Lasts about 2-3 months. then reapply. (11/10/2007)

By Jeff

Getting Rid of Crickets

I have used roach motels successfully. They don't get every last one but the herd is thinned dramatically. There were very few left after I had the traps out for awhile. The traps do have somewhat of a strong odor but are tolerable. They're also non-toxic. (11/19/2007)

By Phil

Getting Rid of Crickets
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Cricket on white
Getting Rid of Crickets in the House
Woman Showing Cricket to Children
Crickets as Pets
Cricket on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Crickets Outside
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 7:38:56 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 889 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.