Getting Rid of Fleas

We moved into a house where pets had lived. My two little dogs started scratching, and so did I. Fleas everywhere. An exterminator told us to wash the inside of our vacuum with Clorox and vacuum daily. I mixed 1/2 Water and bleach and sprayed around my woodwork. I have white carpet, so I used 1 cup bleach in the Carpet Cleaner along with the cleaning solution. I am flea free, at least until next summer. I use liquid garlic on my pets' food, and even rub it into their hair. So far, it works.

By Roni from Zebulon, NC

Answers:

Getting Rid of Fleas

Another simple and inexpensive way to get rid of fleas, is to sprinkle table salt all over the carpet. Let it set a few minutes and vacumn. Salt dehydrates fleas. We had to do it twice, but never had a problem again. (12/10/2006)

By blessedmomofboys

Getting Rid of Fleas

We used Borax when we lived in North Carolina. We would pour it on the carpet at night before bed making sure to get it around the perimeter really well, in stairs etc. We would sweep it into the carpet. Let it sit over night. The next day vacuum up the carpet. It dries up the eggs and no more fleas.
Shelley (12/10/2006)

By Shelley Davis

Getting Rid of Fleas

If your neighbors have pets and don't use flea prevention, you are on your own and your yard will have fleas. You must of course, treat your yard and home, the pet's bedding and everything else. My three dogs are on flea prevention and ony on occasion do I see a stray flea when I bathe my dogs.

Fleas have a cycle you must break in order to get rid of them. My largest dog is on Program and my other dogs are on Sentinel. It's a pill they are given and when bitten by a flea, the flea dies. Good luck. (12/12/2006)

By ldyharley