Getting Rid of Fleas

I need tips for getting rid of fleas in the home.

Danny from Gaffney, SC

Answers:

Getting Rid of Fleas

Another thing about flea medicine is that you don't have to buy the box that is made for your animal's weight. It is the same formula for all the weights but just different amounts. So, if you have two 30 pound dogs you can buy the 70+ package and split one treatment between the two. This saves money. (08/30/2008)

Getting Rid of Fleas

I had a really bad flea infestation about a year ago. I used the drops you put on the animal's necks, but my dog almost went into seizures with that. I vacuumed a lot and put the powder on the carpet, and bathed the animals. I sprayed the animals also. Eventually I got rid of the fleas. Then I read on a web site about garlic and brewers yeast. I was surprised how easy it was to find these pills at the local Walmart. I have given my dog 2 a day and my cat one a day, and since then and NO FLEAS. I also put SSS by Avon in the bath water for the dog. No problem getting the animals to take the pill, they love it and want it each night before we all go to bed. (09/13/2008)

By Mary

Getting Rid of Fleas

Go to Walmart and buy Sevens Dust for garden pests. Sprinkle on your carpet and furniture, leave for a few hours, then vacuum. Repeat in a couple days to weeks if needed. This was advice a vet gave my sister in-law when her house was infested, it worked. (09/17/2008)

Getting Rid of Fleas

This is about the most inert way we have found. Put a shallow pan of water, like wash basin, in the infected area. Hang a light bulb above it and cover the bottom of the pan with water and add a few drops of dish soap. The fleas are attracted to heat so when they jump towards the bulb and fall into the water they will drown. Do this at night and you will be shocked in the morning to see how well it works. (10/28/2008)

By Patty

Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
On the beach scratching fleas.
Getting Rid of Sand Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄