Getting Rid of Fleas

I would like to know what you use to kill fleas and keep them off.

Debi

Answers:

Getting Rid of Fleas

A friend told me after she had a horrible infestation of fleas and spending lots of money on solutions she bought locally nothing seemed to work. She went to the human society and they told her to use table salt. Shake it all over the house and on furniture and vac. I do not believe you are to use this on the animals. Once you have had your animals treated, table salt should work. Would love to hear back if this works for you. (06/04/2009)

By mishelley

Getting Rid of Fleas

If you have an animal that has fleas, you must treat the animal. Healthy dog.com uses 1Tbs.vinegar in the water that they drink. This will get the fleas off of the dog or cat and you won't have them in the house. The dogs don't even notice the vinegar in a quart bowl of water. It works and its cheap. (06/04/2009)

By sammuch

Getting Rid of Fleas

One thing people need to realize is that fleas and ticks do not just come into homes where there are or have been animals. Animals are not the only flea carrier. People will bring them in, without noticing it. They will attach themselves to our clothing, especially socks or nylons, or slacks. So many people blame animals for bringing them in. While we humans are just as much to blame as they are.

So as you're treating your pets and your house, be sure and treat your clothing too. And to check yourselves for fleas and ticks. Remember, if it's been outside and comes in, it's possible it brought fleas and/or ticks. No matter what "it" is. (06/04/2009)

By Cricketnc

Getting Rid of Fleas

Frontline drops have worked the best for me. If there is an infestation I have used Borax sprinkled on the carpet for a couple of days and then spray Frontline for furniture. It can be a little costly, but if you have a smaller dog you can buy the Frontline drops for the big dog (ask your vet how many drops to use) and keep what is not used and save that for the next month or so. Hope this helps. (06/04/2009)

By minnabird

Getting Rid of Fleas

When washing animals, any dishwashing liquid with Lemon, like Ajax or Joy, will kill fleas. Anything lemon will kill fleas. (06/05/2009)

By kkharp

Getting Rid of Fleas

I gave my 3 dogs Flea shampoo baths by Hartz. I leave about 2 inches of water in the tub so the fleas don't hide in their feet and sprayed all the rugs and furniture with Adams flea spray. Frontline, Promaris, etc. are not working and are very expensive. I also have 5 cats all are indoor/outdoor. My pets were going crazy with fleas. My one dog has flea dermatitis she was so badly infected. I gave her a bath 2x a week for 2 weeks with Dial liquid antibacterial soap this cured her infection, great stuff. She's all healed up and she no longer smells.

I bought a flea comb and I put the fleas in a plastic container filled with dish soap and water. I have been combing all of them for the past 2 days. Its a lot of work. I vacuum every day and this is the first time in months my pets are not chewing or scratching; everyone is now getting sleep. Wish I would of bought this flea comb months ago, what a relief. I found out that fleas like the neck area on cats. You won't believe how many fleas you will get from this comb. (06/23/2009)

By GinnyFl

Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
On the beach scratching fleas.
Getting Rid of Sand Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄