Getting Rid of Fleas and Ticks

I would like to know if you can give me some ideas on what to use for ticks and fleas. I have 4 Boxers and a cat. Thank you so much.

By Linda M. from San Antonio, TX

Answers:

Getting Rid of Fleas and Ticks

Now, I don't know by experience if this works or not, but I know a lady that swears by this little remedy.

She puts, let's see, she says, she puts 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of water in her pets drinking water, they don't seem to mind the water at all. They drink it up really good, and she never seems to have flee or tick problems. Like I said, I don't know about this remedy personally, but she never seems to have problems. (03/19/2010)

By jamish

Getting Rid of Fleas and Ticks

Getting rid of fleas and ticks can be a big problem for dog owners. You will find at your local pet store different products that are used to eliminate your dog of fleas and ticks, but do they work?

If you are considering putting a flea collar around your pets neck you may want to think twice about it because there are many toxic things that are in flea collars.

Many people are looking for a natural alternative to keep their dog free from fleas and ticks. Some of these natural remedies will help to keep your dog safe and bug free.

One great way to get rid of them is to use natural olive oil because studies show that coating your dog in olive oil will kill the fleas and get rid of them for good. After you have used the olive oil you want to make sure that you give you dog several baths with dog approved shampoo so you can get the olive oil out. It will take a few baths to get it all out of your dog's coat so make sure you give them multiple baths.

Another remedy that works well is to use house salt were your dog lays around because the salt will get on their coat and fleas do not like salt at all. This is another recommended way to get rid of unwanted pest on your beloved dog and is also a safe alternative.

Remember that getting rid of fleas and ticks naturally is better than using some of the pet store options that in most cases are not healthy for your dog and cat. Good luck. (03/19/2010)

By kffrmw88

Getting Rid of Fleas and Ticks

The best thing on earth is diatomaceous earth. Go to your farm supply store. This stuff is even great around children, you, in your home, outside your home, and even in your pet's food daily. So it can work from the inside out. You can put it on your carpets, couches, pet's beds, everywhere. It is so safe, you can even use it on your pets. It's a fine powder form.

ghorganics.com You are going to love the results from this product. You will never buy anything else, plus your pets are going to be so happy. (03/19/2010)

By Shirle53