Getting Rid of Footprints on Laminate Floor

Hard surface floors such as wood, tile, and laminate can show water spots, foot prints, and other smudges. Using the right cleaner will remove footprints, and the like on your flooring. This is a guide about getting rid of footprints on laminate floor.

cleaning a laminate floor
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have laminate flooring and have been cleaning it with a Swiffer Wet Jet. Now every foot print shows up on the floor. How do I get the floor back to the way it was? It looks horrible right now.

Steve from Nesconset, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I agree with the swiffer we jet, it leaves a film on the floor. I just got new laminate floor in my laundry room and Home Depot told me to use the Bruce's laminate floor cleaner. I also do the same thing as posted above and that is after running the sweeper, use one of the swiffer dry clothes and you will be amazed at the stuff still on your floor.

Patty

Read More Answers...

I have been regretful of our floor choice from day one of my laminate floor install. We choose them due to high traffic and pool access. I've searched for years for the right solution for the footprints and smudges that show up immediately after cleaning the floor. So, finally here it is!

Cheap and simple odorless mineral spirits (in the paint section of the big box stores next to thinners) and water. I make a 50/50 mixture and use a mopping pad, working backwards in medium sections. After each section, I take an old bath towel (or cheap one) and dry the section just cleaned. Wait until dry to walk on the floor. I've only done this once so far but NO footprints.

Previously, any solution: Swifter, Bona, Vinegar, etc., would show footprints immediately. Fingers crossed and I am calm after cleaning!

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJuly 2, 2013
    Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
    Cleaning Laminate Flooring
    dog on laminate flooring
    Dog Afraid of Laminate Floor
    Man Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
    Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
    laminate wood flooring
    White Marks on Laminate Flooring
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 5:06:22 PM on 10.0.2.98 in 991 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.