Getting Rid of Footprints on Laminate Floor

cleaning a laminate floor

Hard surface floors such as wood, tile, and laminate can show water spots, foot prints, and other smudges. Using the right cleaner will remove footprints, and the like on your flooring. This is a guide about getting rid of footprints on laminate floor.

Solutions: Getting Rid of Footprints on Laminate Floor

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Mineral Spirits For Laminate Floors

I have been regretful of our floor choice from day one of my laminate floor install. We choose them due to high traffic and pool access. I've searched for years for the right solution for the footprints and smudges that show up immediately after cleaning the floor. So, finally here it is!

Cheap and simple odorless mineral spirits (in the paint section of the big box stores next to thinners) and water. I make a 50/50 mixture and use a mopping pad, working backwards in medium sections. After each section, I take an old bath towel (or cheap one) and dry the section just cleaned. Wait until dry to walk on the floor. I've only done this once so far but NO footprints.

Previously, any solution: Swifter, Bona, Vinegar, etc., would show footprints immediately. Fingers crossed and I am calm after cleaning!

By Gretchen W. [1]

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Getting Rid of Footprints on Laminate Floor.

Question: Getting Rid of Footprints on Laminate Floor

I have laminate flooring and have been cleaning it with a Swiffer Wet Jet. Now every foot print shows up on the floor. How do I get the floor back to the way it was? It looks horrible right now.

Steve from Nesconset, NY

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Patty 10/07/2010

I agree with the swiffer we jet, it leaves a film on the floor. I just got new laminate floor in my laundry room and Home Depot told me to use the Bruce's laminate floor cleaner. I also do the same thing as posted above and that is after running the sweeper, use one of the swiffer dry clothes and you will be amazed at the stuff still on your floor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No