Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats

How do I get rid of gnats living in the soil of my houseplant?

By Rachael

Answers:

Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats

You can re-pot the plant in new soil. If it is something you won't eat, you can use any water based insecticide, even diluted down and water the plants with the mixture, this will kill the insects in the soil. There is a Bt product called gnatrol, that only effects the larvae, slow results but can work. (10/05/2010)

By larflu

Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats

I tried the cider vinegar and Dawn dish soap remedy. It worked for a week, but then it was like the gnats got wise and it didn't seem to work any more. But when I used a 1/4 inch of fine white sand to completely cover the top of the soil, within a week I went from an infestation to zero gnats. I highly recommend trying this cheap, easy method. (10/18/2010)

By GUAPO

woman caring for a peace plant
Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Photo of a toe with toenail fungus.
Getting Rid of Toenail Fungus
🎉
🎄