Getting Rid of Gnats

Place a few chunks of a ripe banana in a large jar that has a lid that will fit it. Lay it on its side and leave it be. I usually lay it on my sink overnight and in the morning very gently put the lid on, turn on the Hot Water, carefully remove the lid part way and let the water go in. It kills the gnats.

The water must be very hot to work as the cold water only stuns them. It works every time. It might take several times but shortly your gnat problem will be under control. Warning: You must not leave the banana and jar unrinsed as the Gnats will lay eggs! Don't ask me how I know!

By Candi from Wheeling, WV

Answers:

Getting Rid of Gnats

To the person with who says they have little black gnats that are not attracted to the fruit remedies... I think those flies are called Sewer Flies. Cleaning all of the drains in the house with some enzyme eating chemicals is what I have seen work. Not an expert on this but at least you have the name of the black type of flies which is Sewer Flies. You can google that name on the internet and even see a picture to verify you have the right species and get suggestions for their removal. (03/30/2006)

By luv2spa.

Getting Rid of Gnats

A bowl of vinegar with a spoon of dishwashing soap,than gnats are attracted by the vinegar bet the touch of dish soap breaks the surface tension of the water so the gnat try to feed but end up drowning, it takes several days but it works! (03/30/2006)

By MICHELLE JADAA

Getting Rid of Gnats

Apple cider vinegar with a paper funnel in a glass or jar wins by a LONG SHOT! They WANT that vinegar! The kids are having a blast checking the jars in different rooms! (My youngest son apparently hid banana peels in many rooms of the house and bulked up the gnat population!) (04/02/2006)

By JOmm

Getting Rid of Gnats

i finally, after trying every remedy used rubbing alcohol from the store. I put a spray nozzle from windex on it of course cleaned it and they died on contact. I have a couple left tonight but need to head to bed. I must've had millions. This worked for me and I tried many, many, posts on the internet including some here. Good luck!!! (05/28/2006)

By vanessa

Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
woman caring for a peace plant
Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats
Insect Repellant
Repelling Gnats Outside
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
🎉
🎄