Getting Rid of Ground Ivy

How do I get rid of ground ivy without killing everything else? I really don't want a bare spot in my yard as my yard is beautiful, except I don't want this ground ivy to take over.

By Poohcorner from Clarksburg, WV

Answers:

Getting Rid of Ground Ivy

You can try Weed-B-Gone Max. You will probably have to do more than one spraying. (05/18/2009)

By Anonymous

Getting Rid of Ground Ivy

Ground ivy is very hard to kill, but this should do it. Only do a max of two applications per year (spring-fall). Go to a local feed mill and ask for the broadleaf herbicide Trimec Classic or Triplet. Do not get Trimec Plus, it has 1/2 the salt of dicamba in it that Trimec Classic has.

I apply 3 oz per 2 gallons of water in a pressurized 2 gallon hand sprayer to 1000 sq ft. Triplet is about $37/gal and Trimec is $45/gal

Good luck.

3Ks Grandpa (06/24/2009)

By KelsiKadenKylie

Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Ivy Cutting
Growing Ivy
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Getting Rid of Ivy
Getting Rid of Ivy
English Ivy on Brick Wall
Getting Rid of English Ivy
🎉
🎄