Getting Rid of Invisible Biting Bugs

I keep finding little bug bites on my 3 year old's arms, I have searched her bed and no bugs, checked my cat and no bugs. Somehow these bug bites continue to appear each morning so something is biting her and then disappearing. I took her to the doctor and she said looks like a flea bite but I just can't seem to find them! How can I deter any and all bugs from biting her at night?

By Sonia H.

Try a different doctor. Also, you might consider that although they look like bug bites, they might be some kind of allergy. Does your child get these bites if she sleeps somewhere other than her own bed? Have you tried washing her sheets and pajamas in something other than your regular detergent? Has she been doing something that might put her in contact to something that she might be allergic to?

I just recently got a rash from going into a hot tub, and that lasted for over a week. I treated it with anti-itch medication and allergy pills. I thought that it might be bedbugs, but since it continued for days after leaving the hotel, I am inclined to think it was an allergy.

On the other hand, several years ago I had what I THOUGHT was an allergy, and, indeed, so did my doctor. I went to an allergy specialist. However, when I was (over a year later) sent to see a dermatologist, he quickly diagnosed it as scabies, and I easily treated that with an over the counter remedy. I can't tell you why my regular doctor didn't think of that, as she quite routinely figured it out when kids came back from summer camp with the condition.

Anyway, my point is, explore all ideas. Try a lot of different things. And return to the doctor and don't let them brush you off with a snap diagnosis that isn't at all helpful. My youngest son contacted a very easily treatable condition on a camping trip, but we had to go to a dermatologist to get it looked after. The regular doctor had no idea what it was, or what to do about it.

Hi you seem to know a lot I just moved into a new apartment it was sprayed down with bug infesting stuff before our arrival. We brought a new bed and blankets. I have a 8 month that sleeps in my room and my husband I started getting bitten by something thought it was bed bugs but I had an exterminator come and check no bed bugs. I'm the only person getting bitten I look like I have chicken pokes there red bites a little swollen and itch like heck. I have no animals and I mean I wake up with like 5 new bites sometime more sometimes less but they are all over. Not in the same spot and everyone keeps saying mosquito bites yeah well you have to open a door or go out side for those witch we have done neither and no visited for a week and a half so no one could have brought it in so I just am at a loss there so itch and all over I look ridiculous just want them gone please someone help me!!! What is it I have no allergies to anything incase I get people saying its that.

Use Sarna cream for the itch. It's in the pharmacy by the itch creams. I've also used it on my head.

You all have bird bites. This is real. U r not crazy. Google it.

Good luck with the doctors. All a holes. Will tell u that ur crazy. Ur not.

Best Answer

You certainly aren't crazy!

I tired many things after ordering bed protectors.

I was losing sleep anxious and scratching constantly!

The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO...

MATTRESS & BOX SPRING ENCASEMENTS!

You can get them at Walmart and that along with vacuuming daily will allow you to actually relax and sleep.

It took me a few day to let go of the fear. After the second night I slept with no bitting!

Be sure you don't allow your sheets or covers to touch the ground or you are giving them a free ride up to YOU!

I read on one site they come out at 4am to feed and sure enough they do!

We just pushed the clock forward for daylight savings time and MITES don't have that. So I was being bit at 5am

Good Luck!

I am sorry to hear about your suffering. If you have mites, I have found the cure. Remember that doctors did not believe in germs until about 100 years ago. I have suffered a similar fate for years. Mine are mites. I have spent thousands of dollars, but I finally found a solution. I am posting it everywhere. Get FORBID 4F. It might take a couple of months for it to work completely. You must saturate everything and fog with forbid under your house if you have a crawlspace. You need a ULV fogger. This will cost you several hundred US dollars if you were in the US. (Don't know where you are.) Spend the money. Put it on thick. You can use a sulfur cream on your skin. God Bless. (I do not own any stock in Forbid or ULV foggers.)

I happen to be this time next to the tape and I felt something cowling in my chin so I got the tape and this is what I got. After months finally I was able to get this thing I guess the microscope pay off. This is what I feel cowling in my face legs and everywhere when I sleep and sometimes all day when I'm in my house I miss lot of sleep I'm tired is been about 1 year and half. This thing bites and itch but lives no marks at all. I move to a new house got new furniture and this things still here. Is a very long story but I try everything. I'm ready to try forbid 4f. I find a person online that claims that forbid 4f solve the problem I'm just waiting for it to arrive. 8 oz $206 very expensive plus gloves mask and the pump. I run out of money no more savings don't know what I'm going to do next if forbid 4f des not work.

https://youtu.be/-BkQM5b9ZO8

https://youtu.be/51z2bO2zP1U

If you think you know what type of bug this is please help me and let me know. This is my email address: bugsitching@gmail.com

Thank you.

Anonymous
Best Answer

It appears to be a demodex mite I have had the same issue tea tree and alcohol give the most relief put tea tree in the washer when washing clothes also

I agree everything I've read on here makes me believe its demodex mites.

Anonymous

Hi there... I had a problem with some sort of bug biting my son at night while sleeping. After a whole lot of looking and searching.... I found the culprit. Mosquitos. They were coming up the shower drain at nighttime, going back into the drain in the day time. They were leaving huge welts where he was being bitten while asleep. Poor baby! We living in the country and had one of those outdoor sludge pools or what ever they were called. The mosquitos were breeding in the pool, then coming up the pipe and through the shower drain. Lots of them. I went snooping in his room at nighttime with a flashlite. There were so many I was horrified! Well a little bleach down the toilet and shower drain fixed the problem. Happy hunting folks, keep looking till you find the buggers!