Getting Rid of Ivy

Getting Rid of Ivy
Ivy can be a very aggressive plant and take over your garden and trees. This is a guide about getting rid of ivy.

I have a large wooded lot with lots of ivy and would appreciate it if someone could suggest a herbicide that would kill the ivy? Thanks.
Bob

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By boblink1

Herbicides and pesticides now have an established link to neuromuscular diseases such as Parkinsons, so I can't recommend any; how about a goat? Maybe you can rent or borrow one.

Round up should do the job, go by directions, good luck.

Total Vegetation Killer. This is made by Ortho, Inc. You can get this product at Lowe's, Home Depot, Southern States and most gardening centers. It is the best stuff I have ever used and I've used it for ridding large amts. of English Ivy which had begun to encroach my gardens. I buy the bottle of concentrated liquid and mix it stronger than the bottle recommendations. It will kill the ivy and any plantings the product comes in contact with.

I use the above product in a gravel driveway too to stop weeds, etc. and it works great. I always wear gloves and protective goggles when spraying any type of pesticides/herbicides. This stuff works and is worth the cost. Good luck!

How can I get rid of Algerian Ivy (Hedera canariensis)? It has invaded my hedge so I can't get at the roots. Is there anything I can spray the runners with? I'm afraid to try Round Up as the roots of the ivy are probably very well entwined with the roots of the hedge. Replacing the hedge is not an option as it would take many years to grow another one to 8 feet tall.

By Gorius from Gilroy, CA