Getting Rid of Mosquitoes in My House

How do I get rid of mosquitoes in my house? The only problem is is that it is winter here and I still have those pesky buggers in my house. I can kill them, but then the next day or later on I have another one. Does anyone know why I have them in the middle of winter?

Cindy from Flint, MI

Answers:

Getting Rid of Mosquitoes in My House

I recently read a tip saying that if you spray the original flavor Listerine mouthwash around it helps keep them away. I'll have to look for where I saw that tip. (01/11/2008)

By Vicki from Concordia, MO

Getting Rid of Mosquitoes in My House

Perhaps you are hatching them out somewhere in the house. Is there any place you could have some standing water that could have come in from outside, or where mosquitoes could have laid eggs or still be doing so? They say it only takes a small amount, like a cup or so, to provide a breeding ground for them? (01/14/2008)

By louel53

Getting Rid of Mosquitoes in My House

I had the same problem. After way too much time thinking about it, the only answer was a plant growing in water. I know, I got rid of the plant and my tasty grandson had no more mosquito bites.
Good luck. (01/15/2008)

By 2oma

Getting Rid of Mosquitoes in My House

I have had them in my tiny water fountain, inside a plant/with fish in glass bowl, and even in a soggy plant, as well as a puddle I knew nothing about until too late. They can live/reproduce in a single bottle cap of water, so go on a serious search, especially around any cracks under sinks, water pipes, and near windows. You'll find them and get rid of them once you do. God bless and help you. (01/25/2008)

By Lynda

Getting Rid of Mosquitoes in My House

If you are experiencing a mosquito problem, the first thing you need to do is contact your local mosquito control district. They are funded by property taxes so there is no charge for their services. They will come out and find the source of the problem and get rid of the mosquitoes. It might not be something in your yard, but in the neighbors'. (03/16/2008)

By Daisey1974