Getting Rid of Pantry Beetles

I have a problem with the pantry beetle and their larvae. My problem however is that they are all over my home especially in the bathrooms, and laundry room. I have some in the kitchen area, but clean out my pantry every two weeks (take out the old and put in the new) and have never (knock on wood) found any in there or in our food. How do I kill these pests, and why are they so bad in the bathrooms?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kelly from Barrhead, Alberta

Answers:

Getting Rid of Pantry Beetles

I had this problem before. Go to the hardware store and get Pantry traps (that is the name of them), the stuff in there attracts them to it and they stick to it. I got rid of them from my house this way. (06/30/2008)

By doedoe

Getting Rid of Pantry Beetles

Buy fresh bay leaves and lay the leaves along the back of your pantry. Replace with fresh ones every 3 months. Any food products in boxes should be put in the freezer for 24 hours to kill any larvae. Any boxed food item I'm not going to use right away stays in the back of the refrigerator. (04/14/2009)

By AZyellowbird

Getting Rid of Pantry Beetles

I also vacuum them up really good and then I would use the traps. This was a great tip about the traps and bay leaves. Thanks so much for posting. (04/14/2009)

By FirstCobber

Getting Rid of Pantry Beetles
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Asian Beetles
Getting Rid of Asian Beetles
🎄