Getting Rid of Pantry Moths

Does anyone have a tried and true, natural form of pest control for pantry moths (other than pheromone traps and storing everything below 50 degrees)?

By Bprince from California

Answers:

Kitchen Moths (Pantry Moths)

I bought a trap from www.stirtsystems.com. It does not use toxic chemicals, but uses bio-pesticides instead. It works well in capturing pests and is good for the environment. Best of luck! (04/06/2009)

By dunno

Kitchen Moths (Pantry Moths)

These things are nasty aren't they? Unfortunately they lay eggs that turn into yucky little worms in things like flour, cereals, anything they can get into. I don't use chemicals, but either refrigerate my boxed items, or enclose almost everything in containers with tight fitting lids, or use good quality zip lock bags to put all my baking products in. It's a lot of work but that's the only way I have gotten rid of these nasty buggers without using chemicals, which I won't do. Good luck to you. (04/07/2009)

By kghornsten

Kitchen Moths (Pantry Moths)

I had a mess with those nasty things. They came in stuff that was not even opened. I put LOTS of bay leaves all over and in everything after scrubbing the cupboards out with very hot water and bleach. I have opened factory sealed packages that had them in the food. Anyway, the bay leaves and bleach water did it for me. (04/08/2009)

By joycehorner

Kitchen Moths (Pantry Moths)

We just purchased Hot Shot Fogger (it's new) and followed the directions, and it really worked! There were dead moths all over the two areas they had taken over (not our kitchen, they went for clothing). It works to keep on killing for weeks, and penetrates into cracks and crevices where the larva etc. are maturing. It suggested leaving the room closed up for at least 2 hours; we did the garage overnight, and one bedroom for 6 hours. Good luck. I found it in Wal-Mart (blue box, and has 3 containers inside). About $9.00. (06/26/2009)

By newenglander

Kitchen Moths (Pantry Moths)

Our pantry moths were getting pretty bad. So I cleaned out the cabinets where we store food. I went through all the open containers and found the telltale webbing and dead moths in some baking chocolate, tapioca flour, powdered sugar and mung beans. (Quite an adventurous palate those buggers have!) I threw all the infested stuff away, and cleaned the cabinets with hot water and dish soap. My husband brought home some pheromone-baited moth traps (pantry pests by Safer brand) which he found in the super market. Since those are non-toxic, I put the traps out - but so far so good: no moths. (06/29/2009)

By oohyou

Indianmeal moth
Getting Rid of Pantry Moths
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
An up close photo of a moth.
Getting Rid of Moths
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Moth
Getting Rid of a Moth Infestation
🎄