Getting Rid of Pests on Onion Plants

How do I get rid of all the pests on my onion plants?

By Jai R

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I read a book The Complete Guide to Self Sufficiency by John Seymour. This fellow lived off his garden completely. His suggestion was to alternate rows of carrots with rows of onions. Something smelly in the carrot drives off "onion flies" and the onion smell drives off carrot flies.

I have not actually done this though as my garden is already down now and I will have to wait until next year to try it.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlMay 26, 2011
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Two earwigs on a yellow flower.
Getting Rid of Earwigs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:00:04 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.