Getting Rid of Pimples

I have red marks on my face from pimples. What should I do?

Samreen from Srinagar

Answers:

Getting Rid of Pimples

To get rid of pimples, spots, etc. from your face, use graham flour and milk or curd, mix to a paste and apply for 10 minutes everyday before a shower and you will notice the difference in a month's time and soon your face will be clear.

By Zaufishan

Getting Rid of Pimples

Put egg white on your pimple and let dry. Wash off with cool water. This will also work as a mask for your whole face, except not under your eyes. I use this twice a week. Really works well. (06/13/2005)

By s222 (Sandi)

Getting Rid of Pimples

It helps to get rid of the excess oil on a regular basis - use special oil absorbent tissues - or you can use cigarette papers in a pinch! Then use non-oily corn silk-type powder.

Put hydrogen peroxide on spots to dry them out & heal them up. Cover with over-the-counter acne cover up - Avoid oily makeup as it will only make matters worse.

Keep your face scrupulously CLEAN. Buy a good drying medicated soap. I used to use Sea Breeze and other alcohol cleansers with cotton balls when my skin was really oily. Clean several times a day. DO NOT TOUCH your skin, as the dirt/germs will further aggravate your outbreaks. You can make homemade oatmeal masks - (oatmeal + honey, yogurt, there are several recipes.) to dry skin.

Then keep the outer layer of skin lightly moisturized with a non-oily moisturizer. You do not want to over dry the skin, which will cause damage in the long run. ALSO take multivitamins, eat well-balanced meals and nourish your skin from within. Skin is a measure of your health. When your hormones are going crazy, you want to keep the skin very clean, and avoid outbreaks, and when you have them, control and heal them to avoid future scarring.

In the meantime you can gently hide them with medicated acne creams, but so this sparingly - too much makeup used indiscriminately will only make matters worse.

If you have outbreaks on your forehead, watch out that you wash your hair touching your face (like bangs) often - maybe you could just wash bangs. Or use scented body powder for a dry shampoo for bangs for a temporary fix.

Get in the habit of taking care of your skin and it will really pay off in the long run. I am almost 60 & my face looks 15/20 years younger (that comes ALSO from using SUN SCREEN for 30 years). (03/03/2006)

By pam

(12/03/2007)

Getting Rid of Pimples

I too have problems with red marks on my face from acne. In fact, I'm now 46 and still have occasional acne problems. I cannot tell you how to get rid of them, but I can tell you what I do. I have a friend who sells Mary Kay products and she has shared with me some of her smarter skin ideas. They (Mary Kay) have a yellow base you can buy that helps cover up the red marks before you apply your regular base. It only takes a LITTLE and the results are amazing. I use it in several places on my face. Around my nose, my chin and certainly on the blemish marks. You can't believe how much it helps. It doesn't take the marks away but it certainly makes a difference. It gives your entire face a more even tone. Hope it helps. (12/07/2007)

By Melodie.

Getting Rid of Pimples

My daughter has the same problem, she goes to the tanning bed and it dries them up. You don't have to go a whole lot to accomplish the feat. Too much wouldn't be good for you. (12/07/2007)

By Crystal

Getting Rid of Pimples

Proactive skin products work surprisingly well. You have to use it continually though, not just a few times. (12/09/2007)

By katrina

Getting Rid of Pimples
Girl with a pimple on her nose.
Getting Rid of Pimples Quickly
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎄
🍂