Getting Rid of Pimples Quickly

Facial blemishes are so irritating and we want them gone as quickly as possible. This guide is about getting rid of pimples quickly.

A girl with a jar of honey.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

The antibacterial properties of honey can help some people treat their skin blemishes. This is a guide about how to use honey for skin blemishes.

One night before going to bed, I took out the little tub of Abreva that I purchased from Target. I think it cost me something like $14, yes a little price but it really works and well worth every last penny! I dabbed it on the little tiny bump just as soon as I started to feel the early warning signs that a cold sore is coming, like itching or tingling because that's what the directions suggest. That way the medication in Abreva stops the cold sore from developing into a big ugly mess.

So as I applied a little dab on and gently rubbed it into my cold sore, I decided to also experiment and apply a dab of it to a pimple that I noticed on my face and thought, "well, it couldn't hurt". When I woke up in the morning, the red inflamed pimple was almost completely gone! I went on the Abreva website to read about there product and discovered that it was FDA approved and read about the causes of cold sores and browsed through the helpful and interesting info.

P.S. If you go to there website, there's a little tab that says "think savings" I clicked on it and registered so I can qualify for a coupon that I was able to print out right after I completed my registration.

By e.amoona.a from Rochester, NY

Thanks for the kind feedback and for taking the time to read my tip :)

How do you get rid of a pimple fast?

Bella

Someone once told me to pulverize an aspirin & dab it on with a drop or 2 of water. I'm not sure. I have never tried it. Has anyone ever tried this?

What was your luck with it?

Besides Clearisil type products, I've used a dab of toothpaste overnight, the antibacterial hand soap, rubbing alcohol on a q-tip, and Bactine. All seem to work on blemishes.

Good old fashioned Dawn. It takes the grease right out of your way!! I have been using it every other day for about a year now. It has done wonders. On more oily skin about everyday. I have combo skin so I add a few drops to my washcloth and scrub away, then rinse in cool water and then dab apple cider vinegar as my astringent. I know it sounds corny, but try it. To get rid of one, use toothpaste--not gel--but paste over night--AFTER washing your face in warm water and rinsing in cool. Good luck to you--oh and for everyone else, this works as good as Proactiv, only you don't have to use it for the rest of your life in order to keep good results.

I like Calamine lotion. When my face is breaking out, I put on calamine just before bed. And my skin looks noticeably better in the morning. The same ingredients that work for chicken pox work great on acne.

Use eye-drop fluid. It takes redness out and really works quick.

I've tried alot of things even going to a skin care doctor but what works for me is using colgate toothpaste with peroxide just dab on pimple before going to bed and by the next morning its completely gone or at least a noticable difference.hope this helps.

I had a pimple on my face; what can I do for it?

By Aman from Agra

I read a tip to put a fresh and clean towel over your pillow each night. Also stay away from processed foods and chemicals in food.

Here is a link to some natural remedies....http://earthcli  /CURES/acne.html

Blessings,

Robyn from Tennessee

After you wash your face with a mild soap rinse and dry. Use a small cosmetic pad and soak with water squeeze out. Then squirt lemon (I use one of those plastic lemons that you get at supermarket that have lemon juice in them). Wipe once over your face and let dry, or leave on 10 minutes and rise. Do not get into eyes (cause it will really sting after all it is lemon). You can use as a facial scrub if you want by adding sugar to lemon juice massage gently into skin. Again do not get into eyes. Rinse off and dry.

What is the most effective way to get rid of pimple in just a day. All I have here is tomato, garlic, and honey. Please help me. I don't want to go on a vacation with this nasty big pimple in my nose.

By Eloise P.

A dab of abreva works miracles.

Anonymous

I too used abreva on pimples when I had a cold sore & was shocked at how well it works! $20 for a tiny tube but it didn't take much & I save now blowing money on products that don't work.

I have 2 pimple marks on face. Does anyone know how I can remove them quickly? Perhaps even within 1 day?

By Shamima from India

Comfrey works great. It's an herb you can get at any health food store. Simply make a tea and dab it on. Clears the acne within a few days. Usually works within 2 days for me.

I have had really good luck with anti bacterial hand cleanser. Just the plain old kind everyone carries with them these days. I put the cleanser on morning and night; If I'm home I do it more, but really twice a day is enough.

Usually it's considerably less pronounced the next day or next evening. Usually it's gone in two-three days or so. But - it will not work at all for me if I squeeze the blemish or play around with it. I don't know why. I also don't know why plain liquid alcohol doesn't work. Good Luck!

Well if the pimple is ready to be popped (white puss area), I usually put a really warm rag and scrub it. It goes away in a little while.

Can you use honey for pimples?

Riley from Vancouver

I do not know about honey; but, the best treatment for pimples that I have found is a tiny dab of toothpaste just before bed. (It smells good and it is not sticky like honey.)

This worked wonders for me when I was younger and my teenage son used it also. It also works on any type of skin infection (pimples, boils, fever blisters, cold sores, etc).

Yes you can. Put a dab of honey over the pimple, and then top it with a band aid. By the next morning you should see a big improvement.

Hi, I am totally frustrated by my reoccuring acne. Just when it seems im rid of it its back again. I am so sick of forking out heaps of money on inaffective products, please help me, I am so tired of walking with my face down!