Getting Rid of Roaches and Mice

I am looking for suggestions for getting rid of mice and cockroaches from my cupboards?

By Candace

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hire a pest control person. Roaches multiply fast and so do rats.

Mice can't burp, so put down a lid of soda and when they drink it, they go and die from the carbonation.

With roaches, an exterminator really is the best way. Keep in mind two things about these nasty little mutants. While managing some units in Tucson, I googled them and found out that they can live a month without their heads as they breath through their rib cage.

And, they often have offspring just to have something to eat. Kill them as fast as you can because the other poster was right. They can breed faster than you can kill the big ones.

I tried everything, nothing worked until I ordered Riddex (from a TV commercial), now I have one plugged in one main floor and one in basement (food pantry), somehow the electronic waves repel pests. Don't understand it, just recommend it.

Bay leaves for the roaches place then in your cabinets, also mint works good for bugs too. Mice; mix together white flour and dry quick crete put in a bowl (left dry) and the little beggars will be attracted to the flour, when they eat it the concrete will hydrate and kill them. You will have mouse carcasses to get rid of but they will be gone.

Advion, it is about 24 dollars for a kit of bait and the discs. At first use the bait and the discs. The bait is only active for two weeks and then the discs will control the rest. I had tons of them and this is the only thing that works. After a few days you will see them all over..so get ready to sweep them up or you can leave some of them for the others to eat.. eeeew. It really is a great product though!

http://helpihavebugs.com/

Watch the video on this and when you use the gel put it in LITTLE dabs wherever you see them.

It is a great product I can tell you i am glad I found it!

Not a single roach. If one comes in or a reinfestation starts I will get the bait again but usually I buy the set of discs to put out and also you can move them from room to room.

For mice, we have cats. For a cheaper way, I use mice bait. I would never use the sticky traps that is inhumane.

Roach bait:

1 lb. boric acid

1 large onion, grated

1 cup flour

2 T sugar

Enough milk to make a paste

Roll into balls and let dry. Place at the back of cabinets, under shelves, behind the stove or fridge. We use this here in the tropics with big jungle roaches and it works!

For mice control you can use electric or live trap and for cockroach extermination, use some cockroach killer spray available in store. You can also use the bait method for both of these pests. As a natural and safe method of pest control, you can try an essential oil spray to get rid of these nasty pests.

Answer

Getting Rid of Cockroaches, Woman about to hit a cockroach with a frying pan.
Getting Rid of Cockroaches
Home and Garden Pest Control CockroachesApril 6, 2013
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
mouse peeking out of a hole in a loaf of bread
Getting Rid of Mice Without Killing Them
mouse in the kitchen
Getting Rid of Mice
Peppermint Oil
Using Peppermint Oil for Mice Control
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 3, 2016 at 8:12:57 AM on 10.0.0.199 in 328 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.