Getting Rid of Slugs

I need to get rid of slugs that are taking over my back yard. Please help. What are my options? I do have pets, so I do need safe products.

By Jenny from Tomball, TX

Answers:

Getting Rid of Slugs

Make a bottle of ammonia and water and squirt them dead. Your lawn might get a burn mark on it, but your animals will be safe and the slugs will actually die. When you put salt on them they only build up a slim and then move off unless your drown them with it. Spraying the slippery, ugly, destructive little things is kind of satisfying. (01/27/2010)

By Sydneyann

Getting Rid of Slugs

I know that this sounds evil, but my Grandmother was a wonderful gardener and she would take herself out into the garden at night with a torch, preferably after rain, and a very sharp old kitchen knife. (01/29/2010)

By popet

Getting Rid of Slugs

Get cans of beer with pop tops. Partially bury them in the ground, open the pop top. The slugs like the smell of the beer and will fall in the can. Later you can just throw the can away. (01/29/2010)

By wildekat

Slug on a Leaf
Getting Rid of Slugs
Slug eating a leaf.
Keeping Slugs Out of Your Garden
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎄