Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

I can't afford an exterminator, but need to get rid of black ants that keep coming inside my house. I think they are under my house, I live in a double wide. Any remedies for my problem will be appreciated.

By Vguy from Earle, AR

Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

I've always had very good results using Terro ant bait. You can either buy it in a bottle and put a few drops on paper, or it also comes in plastic trays that you simply open and set out. Wherever you see ant trails is where you want to put the bait. (04/29/2009)

By lah34a

Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

Terro is great stuff, but you can make it using 3/4 clear Karo syrup and 1/4 boric acid.

Another thing they hate is diazinon, which is rose dust. Sprinkle it around the undercarriage of your house and some down under it, and they should stay away. If they are sugar ants, keep the sweets sealed. If they are grease ants, that too needs to be done weekly. (05/05/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

After learning a very expensive lesson and having to replace my fridge. I have since learned that cornmeal placed in various "hot sites" where the ants are prevalent, is a non-toxic remedy for home invasion by ants. They cannot digest cornmeal and go back to the nest to die. Try this before resorting to chemical baits, traps, etc. This is especially important if you have small children or pets to consider. (05/05/2009)

By Sunbaby

Hydrogen Peroxide Keep Ants Out Of Kitchen

My tip about instant grits didn't seem to work this year. I think it might have worked last time because it was August (I think) before I tried it and by then they were probably finding enough food outside? They were in my kitchen by April this year and grits didn't do a thing. I did read a new hint about spraying the counter with hydrogen peroxide. That worked this year, but I have to spray all my counters at least every two or three days.

By Kathryen

Several small ants inside a sugar bowl
Getting Rid of Small Black Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 27, 2016 at 4:12:38 AM on in 920 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.