Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

I need advice for getting rid of small black ants.

By troberts004

Answers:

Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

You didn't say where the ants are that you want to get rid of. Is it inside your house or outside on a walk way. If it is inside your house they are looking for food and water or looking for a place to build a nest. For inside the house, don't leave food out on the counter and clean up food scraps.

The ants come in through the foundation or where plants touch the house. You may want to have the foundation spayed with a chemical to kill the ants. The ants pick up the chemical and carry it back to the nest where the others eat the chemical and die. In my state we have two types of ants, small red ones (they are not fire ants) and black carpenter ants. Every two or three years I have to call an exterminator to control the black ants. Forget the ant traps, etc. (08/22/2009)

By foxrun41

Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

I recently was overcome by ants in my kitchen even though I don't leave food laying around. My landlord got Combat ant disks that said "Guaranteed to kill the entire colony in 24 hours" on the box. He placed two disks under my fridge and two under my stove and sure enough no more ants and it was in less than 24 hours. Just be sure that if you use the disks to place them where children or pets can't get a hold of them. (08/26/2009)

By Deeli

Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

Citrus peels work pretty well. Try putting some citrus, orange, grapefruit, lemon, etc. in a blender with some water and blend as fine as possible. Then try following the path and pour it all along where they are coming from and as far as you can trace the trail. It usually works pretty fast. It is non toxic to pets and kids as well.

I have also heard that talcum powder works the same way as does ground up chalk. Good luck. (08/26/2009)

By wolfbytez

Several small ants inside a sugar bowl
Getting Rid of Small Black Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄