Getting Rid of Squirrels

We are having a problem with squirrels coming in our house after ripping the screen on the window above our sink in the kitchen. I have already replaced the screen on the window once and I don't want to do it again, before I can repel these nasty things. They are just a plain nuisance. I heard about using a repellent like "Squirrel Away" or I heard filling a nylon stocking with moth balls will work.

I would appreciate any ideas that are known to have worked in a similar situation. Thanks, I'll be checking for your replies.

Mike from CT

Answers:

Getting Rid of Squirrels

I had an exterminator come out to our house, because squirrels had broken the screen to the window in the louver window in the attic. He put a cage outside the window with food and the squirrels got trapped in the cage. Every day he would come to take a squirrel away until they were gone. (09/08/2005)

By SueBee

Getting Rid of Squirrels

I had a horrible problem with squirrels at an apartment complex I managed. We tried everything, then I read that rodents hate the smell of Pine-Sol. We soaked some rags with it and put them in the holes in the eaves of the affected buildings. No more squirrels. Maybe you can use this and adapt it to your area. Good luck. (09/08/2005)

By Nancy in MO

Getting Rid of Squirrels

Shoot them with a super soaker. Eventually they learn. (09/18/2007)

By Pat

Getting Rid of Squirrels

Well, my first tactic worked like a charm. Mothballs. I haven't heard a scritch or a scratch since yesterday when I tossed them in the attic, and in the hole they made in the side of the house. I actually got a full nights sleep. Mothballs rock. (11/30/2007)

By Pete

Getting Rid of Squirrels

Squirrels have been eating the bark off of our Red Bud tree for a long time and have damaged it considerably. After trying almost everything we read about on the internet, we finally found a solution that works. We wrapped a 3 foot wide piece of 4 mill clear plastic around the trunk of the tree, approximately 2 feet from the ground. They try to jump on the tree trunk but bounce off. Our tree has been saved and the squirrels do not get hurt, just aggravated. (05/15/2009)

By kaylenmar

Getting Rid of Squirrels
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
🎄
🍂