Getting Rid of Weeds Naturally

How do you get rid of weeds in a vegetable garden naturally? I don't want to use any chemical stuff. I seem to be pulling weeds all the time and can't get rid of them.

By Linda from Brighton, MI

Answers:

Getting Rid of Weeds Naturally

• 1 gal. white vinegar
  • 1 box salt
  • 1 hard squeeze of Lemon Joy!

I get all at WalMart, mix together in watering can (to be used just for this) til salt melts. Sprinkle on weeds in the afternoon and they are dead by the next day! I use this in my dog pen every 4-8 weeks! (07/21/2010)

By JoanDogs

Getting Rid of Weeds Naturally

While vinegar and table salt both kill weeds, they will also kill your vegetable plants and are not good things to use in a veggie garden since they will stay in the soil. Have you tried mulching? I typically weed my garden once, after the weeds are about 3 inches tall. I then place down wet newspapers covered with a layer of fresh cut grass. You can use cardboard or plastic too (just make sure to punch holes for water to drain through to the soil). I always mulch my garden so I don't spend the summer pulling weeds. It saves so much time and trouble. If you pull the weeds before they go to seed, you can just lay them on top of the soil to block other weeds from growing. Read some books on organic gardening, you'll get lots of hints. (07/22/2010)

By susanmajp

Getting Rid of Weeds Naturally

In a veggie garden you have two choices, pull the weeds and/or mulch. Chemicals are not really an option as anything that will kill weeds will kill your vegetables. Things that you might use to kill weeds in lawns will kill your veggies too. Hoeing and pulling are the things that most gardeners do. (07/28/2010)

By louel53

Getting Rid of Weeds Naturally
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
rock salt next to grinder and pile of coarsely ground salt
Getting Rid of Weeds with Salt
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
🎉
🎄