Getting Rid of Worms On Pavement

I have a problem with worms crawling all over my pavement. They are long, skinny, dark worms. They come out of my lawn, but I am not sure how to get rid of them. When I walk out of my house, they are all over the pavement. Any ideas how to get rid of them? Thanks.

David

Answers:

Getting Rid of Worms On Pavement

If they are earthworms, be glad you have them. I have read they are a sign of healthy soil and they help aerate it, which helps your lawn out for free. My dog thinks the dried ones are a delicacy, but that would be the only problem I would see. If they are not earthworms, we have a local extension office of our agricultural college that would identify them or you could take them to a local garden shop. You should attract a lot of birds (and possibly beagles). I would not personally try to get rid of them. (03/23/2005)

By guest

Getting Rid of Worms On Pavement

Earthworms usually come up and out of the ground when it rains because they are drowning underground. Is it raining or are you overwatering? (03/23/2005)

By Linda