Getting Rid of a Huge Ant's Nest on a Grave

How should I tackle removing the nest? It is approx. 18inches in diameter and approx. 15 inches high.

By Anne from Bristol

I would try pouring an ant killer down it.

Try spraying with WD40 apparently they don't like the smell.

Call the cemetery office and tell them.

I heard on TV today that ants hate white vinegar. Perhaps you could spray it before you try to tackle getting rid of it. On TV it said to put 1 part vinegar with 1 part water in a sprayer.

Buy boric acid it is in the laundry section in the store. pour it around the hill & then in it use a funnel so you can get it right over the top of the nest. BTW cover yourself long gloves and pull nylons over your pants so the ants can't get into your clothing. Boric acid when the ants get it on them it drys them out and they return to the nest and other eat them. Beware that boric acid can harm other animals but in a cemetery... I dont think you have to worry much.

I would call the office of the cemetery, and see if someone will take care of this for you. However, if you have to do it yourself, the best product I have found is a product we get here in Canada which is an expanding spray foam that you shoot into the ant hill. That does a good job of killing them most of the time. If it is a very large hill, you may have to do it more than once. I have tried diatomaeteous (sp?) earth, and that works, but takes many applications. I use it in my yard where I think my pets might tramp through a poisonous product.

i had a big ant hill in my garden and read on line how to get rid of it,boiling water,vinegar etc..i asked my 81 yr old mother and this really worked what she told me,so simple i didnt beleive it would work.She said go to the ant hill and in your mind ask them to leave,so i tried it,about 4 different times during the day i went out and asked them to move to the other side of the street.About 2 days later i checked and they were gone!unbeleivable!it really did work.Try it you"ll be amazed,i didnt want to burn or kill them for the sake of it and i dont usually believe in this sort of thing but it really worked,give it a go,it doesnt cost owt!

Put some gas on them

This might sound crazy for most people but it does work we have authority over these creatures and all creatures other than humans. Anyway God's word says in Genesis 1:26 that we are made in Gods' image/likeness and we are to rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, ...over all wild animals, over all the creatures that move along the ground. Jesus cursed the fig tree and it dried up and died. In Matthew 17:20 it says if we have faith we can say to this mountain move here to there and it will be moved.....Mark 11: 23-24 also talks about speaking to move mountains. You can speak to those critters and tell them to leave somewhere but be detailed. Your mom must be a powerful Christian and knows the word of God.

Anonymous

...are you being serious right now?