Getting a Job as a Longshoreman

I want a job as a longshoreman. Can anyone help me obtain information on this subject?

Christopher from Brooklyn, NY

Getting a Job as a Longshoreman

Maybe try the ILWU? (International Longshoreman and Warehouse (?) Union) I think their website is (09/22/2008)

By Fred

Getting a Job as a Longshoreman

I have information and paperwork to share with anyone who is interested in becoming a longshoreman on the West Coast-ILWU jurisdiction. You may call me at (510) 614-2763 and I will mail you information that you may find beneficial. My name is Joe. (10/10/2008)

By ILWU "permissive rule"

Getting a Job as a Longshoreman

I have been doing longshoreman work since I was a senior in high school, now its strictly when I have two weeks off from my rig offshore. All you need is to go down to your local ILA and get a card. You will start off as casual but the more hours u work then u will get a permanent position or seniority. It is rewarding work and extra money. (10/29/2008)

By Thomas

Getting a Job as a Longshoreman

They pushed the TWIC requirement back to Sept. 2009 because they underestimated the number of people required to have one by 2,000,000. I'm an Un-ID in Seattle and it is absolutely dead right now. There are 3000 Un-Id's and not one has worked in 3 months. (11/21/2008)

By M.R.

hey peoples

My dad's a longshoreman in LA, CA. Right now you got to have a diploma and a drivers license to get in there guys. If you don't got one of those things cant get in. I think I'll be getting in soon when my dad gets in. You got to put 2500 hours in to become a full time worker but you are not guaranteed to work everyday. (11/30/2008)

By joe

Getting a Job as a Longshoreman

Here's how you apply for a job in NY and NJ. You can obtain information at Tyler St. inside the port of NJ. Its called the Waterfront. If you are coming in from the N end,follow signs into the port, 3rd traffic light MLK, 1st building on R is the Waterfront building. It's right across the street from a gas station. Good luck. I worked there. Lisa (01/05/2009)

By Anonymous

Longshoreman at Work
Getting a Job as a Longshoreman
Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
level and tape measure
Repairing a Sagging Floor
Finding a Second Job With Benefits
Finding a Second Job With Benefits
Finding a First Job, Newspaper with Jobs as the heading
Finding a First Job