Getting the Yellow Out of Grey Hair

What can I use in my grey hair to get the yellow out?

By Jim from Australia

Getting the Yellow Out of Grey Hair

What is causing the yellow? My grandfather had a yellow streak in his hair from running his nicotine stained hand through his hair; when he quit smoking, he had lovely white hair.

However, I believe if you just go browse in a drug store where they sell hair coloring products, you will find one that is for enhancing the color of grey/white hair. I don't know if there are products "just for men" for this, but there certainly is for ladies. Buy that. Read the labels, and you should find what you want. I can't recommend a brand or specific product as I am still camouflaging the grey into blond! (04/22/2010)

By louel53

Getting the Yellow Out of Grey Hair

It could be nicotine but it could also be your water or medications.

Use a clarifying shampoo and there is a rinse you can get at beauty supply stores called "Roux Fanciful Rinse". The color you want to use is "Ultra White Minx" (do not rinse that out and if you use conditioner use it after you rinse out the conditioner). As a retired hairstylist after 35 years I promise it will help ;-) (04/22/2010)

By Deeli

Getting the Yellow Out of Grey Hair
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink