Gift Bag Ideas

Gift Bag Ideas
A bag filled with well chosen, personalized items for the recipient makes a thoughtful and much appreciated gift. This is a guide about gift bag ideas.

For a wedding favor, buy enough Hershey's Hugs and Kisses for each guest to take one home. Gently tie the "flags" of one hug and one kiss together in a knot. A matching bow can be glued on at the knot.

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh0 found this helpful

Want to create the one perfect gift that might be the cheapest one you ever bought? This one was the biggest hit at my son's birthday party, and it's a great idea for all of the kids on your list this year. Thanks to my dad who took gift baskets to the next level, the Big Bag O Fun was invented, and it lights up kids' eyes.

The Great Big Bag

The first essential element of the gift is the bag. You'll need a large duffle-style laundry bag, found at most discount stores. Crafty gift-givers can sew their own from two yards of fabric. There is no wrapping needed for this gift; this bag is it, so make it count.

Remember being young and seeing the biggest gift under the tree? Remember the excitement? When deciding between the large and extra-large duffle bags, tap into this memory and buy the extra large bag.

Not only is the bag the wrapping, but it's part of the gift. It makes a great sleepover bag for a blanket, jammies, a toy, and maybe even a pillow. Other options are to use it to organize a toy room, to use it for storage, or to use it as a laundry bag.

The Stuffing

This is the true gift, and it's basic. Brainstorm the perfect place to find a bagful of toys for the littlest amount of money. You'll want a variety of items that offer a variety of instant activities. Unlike the typical gift basket, this is an oversized gift bag, so make the toys big and fun. Go beyond the typical crayons and coloring books and think hulahoops and balloon punching bags.

Some stuffer ideas:

Hours of Fun

Budget some time for opening the bag. My son took almost an hour to pull everything out of his duffle bag. The excitement of the never-ending bag is part of the gift. Each item inside should offer instant play, and this should be encouraged.

Think of it this way. Twenty dollars never went so far. If the bag costs $6, fourteen fun gifts from the dollar aisle can be packed inside. What kid wouldn't be thrilled with that?

For a quick and friendly gift, I take a gift bag fill with a bag of Hershey Kisses and use the computer (or write) the word HUG in many sizes and colors. You now have a bag of Hugs and Kisses. Always a big surprise.

By Mariyn from Lewisburg, TN

For one of my friends that I exchanged gifts with last year, I bought a Holiday Gift bag about the size of a small shopping bag, and picked up lots of little treasures from the dollar store like old classic movies on DVD, office gadgets for her computer area, etc. To hide them in the bag, I shredded the colorful newspaper inserts that are so plentiful this time of year, and stuffed them in and around the gifts. I just kept adding things until the big day.

By Harlean from Arkansas from Hot Springs, Arkansas

As so many others, I am trying to think of cute, cost effective gift ideas! I remember a friend got a really cute and memorable little bag of goodies at her work last year. The bag had things like a Hershey kiss, a piece of string, and a little poem/note for each item in the bag.

The only thing is. I can't remember for the life of me what everything was! If anyone has an idea of what I'm talking about please help! Thank you!

Michelle from Albuquerque, NM

It's like this teachers kit I do for my fellow preschool teachers but you can taylor it to whateverhttp://www.kims  survivalkit.html

Hope this helps!

If you google "Survival Kits" you will get lots of sites that will give a multitude of kits with poems to make. Have fun!

I found exactly what I was looking for! Thank you thank you for the feedback! :)

I need to make a little gift to go in hospitality bags for people that come into town for a 13 year old boy's birthday. So far all I have are a lot of 3/4 inch wooden letters of "J" for his name.

I can needlepoint on plastic canvas, but not paint, crochet, or knit very well. He is a Gator fan. I thought about magnets, but a lot of refrigerators don"t hold them anymore. Anyone have ideas of what to do? Thanks.

By Sheila from Atlanta, GA