Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl

Category Girls
13 year old gift ideas
Deciding on just the right gift for a young girl entering her teens can be difficult. This is a guide about gift ideas for a 13 year old girl.

What are some good gifts for a 13 year old girl besides, purse, clothes, make-up, and shoes? I need ideas for my little cousin.

By Mandy from CA

Answers

Need to find out what her interests are.. Hobbies, music, perfumes, lotions, particular scent of these does she like to read? Maybe a subscription to a favorite magazine. Gift cards are great maybe buy one at a mall where she could spend it at any store there.

CDs and DVDs

I have a 14 year old. She isn't into purses but I just found her a personal organizer with a cellphone pocket (she has a cell) and pen on the front, a monthly and weekly planner, calculator, four year calendar, phone & address book, lined memo pad, ID & credit card holder in one zipped area. And a split purse type pouch in another zipped area. It's made by Sigma Impex Inc, model S-631C.

For her birthday I got her a magazine subscription to something she is really into (manga). I also bought her a book in a subject that she is interested in.

For my 12 year old son I got a membership to a Game Pro store which gets him a monthly magazine about new games coming out and a discount at the store. He promised to share this with his two sisters since they are all into some kind of video game. If your cousin has a game interest this would work.

A book of jokes or funny facts can't go wrong unless your family has no sense of humor.

A pair of nice wrap around sunglasses might be good.

A nice fleece blanket. I found some nice ones at www.carolwritegifts.com for $5. Different designs to choose from so pick one you think she will like.

If your cousin is a warrior of crist you can get the Armor of God coin from Thingsyouneverknew.com MU-84119. Also at that site you can get a farting pachyderm, carnivorous plants, world's weirdest plants and other neat and unique gifts. I just mentioned the ones I'm getting my kids.

You can alos check out mileskimball.com, freshfinds.com and harrietcarter.com for unique and sometimes hard to find items.

And I'll add; if you think about buying something you have seen advertised on TV like a snuggie or slap chopper or other such thing. You can find some of those items at RiteAid and Walgreens and not pay shipping and handling charges.

Gift card, good luck.

My daughter just turned 14 this year, last year she wanted trendy clothes & shoes, jewelry, so a gift card to rue 21, ross, claires, even wal-mart. If shes into video games, a gift card to game stop, a gift card to a music store, cool posters to hang on her wall, teen magazines. If she has an ipod, a gift card for i-tunes, if your limited on funds, go to $ tree and buy a basket, and bath stuff, lip gloss, & you have a great gift for about $6 including bag. Hope this helps.

My granddaughter will be 14 in December. For her birthday I got her a gift card to Payless shoes. For Christmas, she is getting two cards, one for Claire's, and one for her Ipod to put music on it. I don't understand how that one works but she knows, that's what counts.

When in doubt, cash always works - especially if you don't know exactly what she'd like.

Yes I agree with the others. Gift cards are great. That way she can buy what she wants. If you have a Mall, a gift card will work in any store they have there. & she won't be limited by just one store. Or Cash.

What should I buy a 13 year old girl?

Hans from Florida

Answers:

Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl

You need to find out what her interests are; hobbies, music, etc. What about perfumes and lotions? Is there a particular scent of these that she likes? Does she like to read? Maybe get her a subscription to her favorite magazine. Gift cards are great. Maybe buy one at a mall where she could spend it at any store within the mall. (11/28/2006)

By imaqt1962

Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl

My 13 yr old granddaughter loves reading and books. I bought her a vintage book (Pride and Prejudice) from 1908 on e-Bay for about $12.00, including postage. She loved it. This book has been the beginning of an old book collection for her. The one I bought was worn and had handwritten notes inside. We both agreed that this made the book more alive, as it was well read and personal with the notes in it. And she actually read it. (11/28/2006)

By Memere

Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl

Maybe make her a coupon book for things like going out for ice cream, getting out doing of one chore, painting your room any color you'd like, horseback riding with a friend, etc.

If she likes to do crafts like I did as a child, a gift card for Michael's or Joann's fabrics would be great!

Also, if she's a budding artist (like I was) then you could buy her her choice of (1) a Painting Class, (2) a Sewing Class, or (3) a Knitting or Crochet class. Just look at the schedule of classes offered at you local craft store or at your local artist store.

If she doesn't enjoy arts and crafts, you can buy her swimming lessons or offer 5 swimming sessions for her and one friend at the local high school pool.

If she loves to cook, there's lots of great cooking and baking classes out there.

Gosh, if my mom would have offered me a painting or crafting class as a young teenager I would have been thrilled! But back in the 60's they didn't have many things to choose from like they do today. (10/05/2008)

By Cyinda

Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl

Take her shopping and when she says" that's nice" to something that she likes, then go back when she is not there with you, and buy it. (11/12/2008)

Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl

I think that you should try asking her if she wants anything in particular, because sometimes kids want things really badly, but are afraid that if they ask, you'll say something like, "it's too expensive" or say "no" to getting it. (11/28/2008)

By jo

Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl

I think you should get her something like new ring tones for her cell phone (if she has one). If she likes to read maybe a book. I know I really like The Clique Series. She may like clothes or shoes. That is all I have. You should probably ask her so you will get her something she will really like. :) (01/25/2009)

By LeAnne