Gift Mix Recipes for Jars

Category Gift Mixes
Gifts Mix Recipes
Mixes in a jar for soups, cookies, breads, etc. make a delicious and much appreciated gift. This is a guide about gift mix recipes for jars.

I am looking for dry recipes to put in empty, small jelly and pickle jars to give as gifts. I would like mixes such as flavored coffee creamers and seasonings, nothing too expensive.

Thanks.
Brenda from GA

Answers

Go to www.realfood4realpeople.com There are lots of recipe ideas for gift jars there.

I just made some hot chocolate jars. I put cocoa powder and sugar mixed together, then a few chocolate chips on top then some white mini marshmellows. I cut out some Christmas coloured tissue paper in a square shape and secured it to the top of the lid with an elastic. My 3 yr old had fun helping me.

This Christmas I received a bag of Betty Crocker cookie mix inside of a potholder w/ a pocket. It was tied with a beautiful ribbon. So cute, I stole the idea!

This is an inexpensive mix that uses pint jars. My kids love this recipe (and they are picky!)

Friendship Soup Mix

Layer in jar:

1/2 c dry split peas

1/3 c dry beef boullion

1/4 c barley

1/2 c dry lentils

1/4 c dried minced onions

2 tsp italian seasoning

1/2 c long grain rice

1/2 c small pasta (put this in a plastic bag - snack size works well - then attach to jar)

Instructions to attach to jar:

Set pasta aside. In a large saucepan, brown 1 pound ground beef. Drain. Add 3 qts water, 1 qt tomato juice (or other type tomato) and soup mix (whats in the jar). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add reserved pasta, cover and simmer for 15 - 20 min. or until tender. Yield 16 servings.

I purchase most of the ingredients at a dollar store, sav a lot, dollar tree, etc. Also watch for sales. One bag or jar of each of the ingredients makes several gift jars. I cut a square of Christmas cloth with pinking shears then put the band on over the lid. Then with a ribbon I tie on the instructions and the small bag of pasta. It is also good to just make a big pan of soup. I double the recipe and have plenty. (it is very inexpensive to feed a family too!)