Giving Christmas Gifts to Adult Nieces and Nephews

Knowing when it is time to stop gift giving to someone you love can be a challenge. This guide is about giving Christmas gifts to adult nieces and nephews.

Christmas Gifts

At what point is it reasonable to stop giving Christmas gifts to adult nephews and nieces? When they marry? Have children of their own? Turn 25?

By Catherine from outside Boston, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just want to say, as an adult niece... I actually felt hurt when I stopped receiving birthday or Christmas gifts/cards from my relatives. It's not because I expected it, it was just abrupt and I went from having one interaction to look forward to with the family to nothing.

I always wrote thank you notes and personally (face to face or over the phone) said thank you. I even tried to either make or buy something special for my relatives. But like I said, we usually only saw or heard from each other once maybe twice a year so it was a hard blow.

Read More Answers...
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceOctober 2, 2013
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Keepsake Gift Ideas
Keepsake Gift Ideas
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A girlfriend giving her boyfriend a gift.
Christmas Gift Ideas for an Adult Boyfriend
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 31, 2016 at 10:49:18 PM on 10.0.0.73 in 387 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.