Giving Ear Drops to a Dog

My 3 yr old terrier mix has an ear infection in both ears. My problem is that he's giving me a really hard time with getting the drops in. I even brought a muzzle, and it's still a fight. Does anybody have any tips?

Trish from Durham, NC

Giving Ear Drops to a Dog

Our dog didn't like it either, but depending on how 'mad' your dog gets maybe this will work!

We would smear some peanut butter on the fridge at her level and she'd lick it off. While she's busy at that, we'd kinda straddle her (she's big) and do the drops. She still didn't like it, but was occupied and didn't care as much. (03/01/2007)

By carolb

Giving Ear Drops to a Dog

When I had dogs with chronic ear problems I not only had to put in drops but had to clean out their ears with a swab daily, a painful procedure. I took the dog into the bathroom and shut the door (lessening escape route) I sat on the floor with the dog between my legs and loved him a while, gave him treats and talked to him. Even though he would occasionally whimper, he sat still and let me treat his ears. (03/02/2007)

By Linda

Giving Ear Drops to a Dog

When the vet use to clean my dogs ears she would put it on a cotton ball, put the cotton ball in the dog's ear and squeezed it gently. The liquid would then go in the ear instead of everywhere else. (03/02/2007)

By denise warner

Giving Ear Drops to a Dog

We have cats and they may be smaller than your dog, but I sit in a couch chair with arms and put the animal between the arm and me. I have a table near to use q-tips and other stuff handy. My arm goes over top of them and I turn my body to keep them penned in. They try to get out the back of me but I just lean back farther. This gives me one hand to work with and one hand to move and position the head.

Good luck. (03/03/2007)

By chml

Giving Ear Drops to a Dog

Try backing them into a corner. (03/07/2007)

By Cathy

Giving Ear Drops to a Dog
Spice Drop Roses
Making Gum Drop Roses
woman using eye drops
Homemade Eye Drops
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears