Giving Photos as Gifts

Giving Photos as Gifts
Photos can be a very personal and lasting gift. This is a guide about giving photos as gifts.

This gift would have been fine for Christmas or a birthday. As it happened it was for a sort of, what I call an "unbirthday" gift. Every now and then I find an item or idea for a gift that fits someone so nicely that I send it as a real surprise. A middle-aged woman who is my daughter's age grew up in our neighborhood. Her father died young and she and her sister were raised by her mother and step-father.

I happened across a nice black and white group photo including her real dad. I could not afford to have it enlarged, cropped and printed at a photo shop, but learned that I could simply have all that done for a very modest fee at a print shop.

It was a very nice photo and my old neighbor was very pleased to have it! You might have to watch out for copyright laws, but I think you might also have a nice magazine enlarged and frame it for your personal use.

There's a lesson in this message - "think alternative" to save money!

Janet H from Conway, NH

Anonymous

Great idea. I have some pictures here that would be very sentimental for some of my relatives. Thanks for the tip.