Giving Pills to Cats

This may not work for every cat, but the other night I was a bit rushed. So instead of taking the time to sit on my cat and shove his worm medicine down his throat time and time again, I did this. I took the skin from the back of a cooked chicken I was stripping for dinner and rolled the pills up in silver dollar size pieces of skin. He managed to get one half pill free and spit it out once, but the rest he took and swallowed, including the one he managed to spit out. For ease of application, it was a winner for me! Did I think he'd go for it? Not really, but he did.

I think you want to be sure your cat's hungry, and make sure that what ever you roll around it or stuff it in is fairly large and one of their favorite foods. Yes, there are store bought pockets for this. I haven't tried them and sometimes things like this actually work.

By nekocat from OR

Answers:

Giving Pills to Cats

I get the loose skin on the back of my cat's neck and hold their head back and put the pill in the back of their throat,it doesn't hurt them and it works well for them. (12/15/2010)

By sodajerk

Giving a Cat a Pill, Vet Giving Spoonfull of Pills to Cat
Giving a Cat a Pill
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Razor For Removing Fabric Pills
Removing Pills From Fabric
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
Medication for a sick Golden Retriever puppy.
Giving Pills to Dogs
🎄