Giving Pills to Dogs

To give my dog medicine, I dip a spoon into the peanut butter and lay the pills on the sticky peanut butter which my dog then devours. It's a tasty treat that makes her look forward to taking medicine. The pills go right down and it's funny to watch her licking her lips!

By jules78 from PA

Great suggestion! I have a lot of older dogs which are on Rimadyl and most dogs like it as it is chewable, but not mine. However, they do like peanut butter so will try that. Thanks so much! Nikki

IF you don't mind getting messy and licked; use your index finger for both the peanut butter and pill. Mine love their neat treat and the special attention of licking the remaining mess off my finger. Each one waits in turn for their "treat/pill/peanut butter." No more running out of spoons either just a good hand washing takes care of the mess.

My very elderly dog has arthritis. I put four baby chewable aspirin in canned dog food on top of the regular dry dog food he usually has!

Medication for a sick Golden Retriever puppy.
Giving Pills to Dogs
Pets Dogs HealthJuly 6, 2011
Preventing Heartworms in Dogs
How Do Dogs Get Heartworms?
Giving Dogs Aspirin
Razor For Removing Fabric Pills
Removing Pills From Fabric
pill splitter
Splitting Pills