Giving Thanks at Thanksgiving

Category Inspirational
Family at Thanksgiving dinner
This is a guide about giving thanks at Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a great time to express your appreciation for your health, home, family and friends.

Here is my favorite recipe for Thanksgiving.

Ingredients

Directions

Mix ingredients well. Bake in the oven of unconditional LOVE. Cool on the table of understanding.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Source: An old cook book.

By Brenda from Stillwater, OK

I would just like to wish one and all a very Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless.

Theresa from Hibbing, MN

Editor's Note: Thanks Theresa.

The staff at ThriftyFun would like to wish all of our readers a Happy Thanksgiving as well. I hope everyone has a fun and restful holiday. We are very thankful to everyone that takes time to read and contribute to this site! One thing that is important to remember about Thanksgiving is it's not how much you spend, but it's how well you spend your time. Here's a feedback that was posted in response to a recent Saving Money On... Newsletter that illustrates this point:

"When I was first divorced with 1, 4, 7, 10 year olds, I was overwhelmed with the holidays! When they went to their father's I invited all the "orphans" (people without families) to bring potluck to my home and we had a wonderful time.

Another time when they were 3, etc. we volunteered to help at a Houston-wide charity dinner. I ended up holding a baby so the homeless mother could eat in peace, and my children procured clothes for the baby and the mother from the tables of free clothing. My youngest asked why they couldn't come home with us -- 'I share my cwib with baby!" That was truly a moment where I knew my kids were on the right track! It did more for us than anything!"

By Lindajean

Happy Thanksgiving!

Debra in Colorado0 found this helpful

Hey Susan,
I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you, your newsletter and your website and that I have met the nicest people through you. When I get up in the morning I can hardly wait to read your newsletter and since it is the time of the year to be thankful I am sure that I speak for all your loyal readers we are sure glad your out there.

-Debra in Colorado

Response: Thank you Debra for all of your wonderful ideas that you have shared with us.

And thanks to all of our loyal readers and contributors throughout the years. Some of you have been with us since very near the beginning and we feel we know many of your personally through your submissions and emails, even though we've never met outside the internet. ThriftyFun is what it is because of the tremendous participation of all of its members. Each person through their generosity by sharing their wisdom, feedback and joining the discussion of the tips, leaves a trail for others to follow.

We started with the idea of sharing Thrifty Tips in 1997, that everyone had good ideas and if we could create a way to pool all of our knowledge, we could create a great resource. It has taken until this year to become the vibrant community that we imagined. It just goes to show you that if you stick with something, it may take a while but sooner or later your ideas will flourish.

Thanks to all of the staff (my family: Lewis, Fisher and Fletcher) on this end whose hard work created the terrific site and the continued editing of content.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
Susan

Every year when we sit down at the Thanksgiving table, after we have said the prayer I have each member of the family share what they are thankful for. It has become a family tradition. Also at our Christmas dinner table we all take a time sharing a favorite Christmas memory from years past. This proves to be a lot of fun especially to hear what the grandparents have to share.

By Terri