JewelryCrafts

Giving an Old Watch a Facelift

This project shows how to recycle an old watch and give it a new face. I used to love this watch as a child and still wear it, but after a while it stopped working. So while putting in new batteries I thought why not give it a complete new facelift!

Total Time: 15 minutes

1. Take the watch and detach the straps. Then on the back side of the watch, using the screw driver remove all the screws and open the back. Delicately detach the pin and pull out the watch apparatus. It should easily come out. Be sure to be gentle.
  2. Now take out the watch dial (watch face) and using the forceps delicately remove the hour, minute, and second needles. Save them carefully.
  3. Ad

4. Take your globe cutout (I cut mine from a magazine) and mark 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock positions on it. Apply glue to the back of this and stick it carefully over the watch dial. Be sure to align it nicely.
  5. Now carefully make a hole in the centre so that the watch needle can be attached back. Attach them in the correct order - first hour needle, then minute needle, and then the second needle.
  6. Ad

7. Now that the watch re-cycling (or rather upcycling is done) reconnect the watch apparatus and re-assemble the entire watch. Be gentle and make sure everything aligns well. Carefully close the back and screw it in and voila! You are done!

I apologise for the bad photo quality, they were taken using my phone.

I love this idea and will implement it into my own collection. Thanks for sharing.