Glass Block With Holes In Them

Can I buy the glass or plastic block with the hole already drilled?

Glass Block With Holes In Them

We haven't been able to find any. However, someone who paints them and puts white string lights in them, told me to put tape on the sidewall first to catch the glass pieces and help in drilling. Then, SLOWLY with a bit for ceramic, drill out the hole. Even with care, expect them to break as there is a gas inside from manufacturing. Same advise came from a building Big Box store. It can be done though (12/01/2006)

By Ro

Glass Block With Holes In Them

Use a glass bit, 1/2 in size, it will cost about $13.00.It is best if used in a drill press.
Build a dam of plumbers putty about 2" in diameter. Fill with water and keep water level up.
This cools the glass and the bit.Drill at steady but not too fast pace. Patience! Good Luck. (12/04/2006)

By mike j

Glass Block With Holes In Them

I used 1/2 inch drill but I think a bigger one would be better because the 1st light has the extra part sticking out and wouldn't go through the hole.
I think 5/8 would be best or 3/4 (10/01/2007)

By carriebearie

Buy Pre-Drilled Glass Blocks
Drilling Holes in Glass
Drilling Holes in Glass
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass