Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

What can I do to get the cloudy look off my glasses from washing them in the dishwasher? Thank you.

By micheller1 from Brookhaven, MS

Answers:

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Using too much dishwashing detergent scratches the glass, and there is no cure for it. It never takes as much detergent for this and laundry too, as the containers recommend. They're in the business of selling the stuff, after all. Then they sell you the blue stuff to make dishes sparkle. (The same goes for dog food, by the way. Feed what the package instructions indicate and get a fat dog.) (09/26/2009)

By Recovering Spendthrift

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Add 1 cup of white vinegar along with your detergent. (09/27/2009)

By MCW

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Sometimes the cloudiness is permanent. I can eventually get cloudiness and sort of a carnival glass look on clear glass. I hate to, but I will hand wash glass items that I care about. It is something to do with the softened water (we have a water softener) and the strong dishwasher detergent will cause that over time. (09/29/2009)

By Debbie52

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎉
🎄