Gluing Foam Rubber

Rubber Cement
Gluing foam rubber can be a challenge but with the right adhesive, it is possible. This is a guide about gluing foam rubber.

I was wondering what type of glue to use on a kids foam couch? It's just a simple foam couch with a little cover that unzips to wash it.

By Stacey from Granger, WA

I can't think of any glue that I know for certain works but Gorilla Glue keeps coming to mind. You would need to try it on a small area first or on foam not a part of the chair to see if it holds. Good Luck

Thank you suntydt! I'll try the gorilla glue. :-)

What glue can I use on foam rubber? I want to make a bed for my Great Dane since we can't find one big enough. I've tried several kinds to no avail. The foam rubber that I have is 4 inches thick so it needs to be pretty strong glue.

Thanks.
Donna from Dayton

Answers:

Gluing Foam Rubber

They sell a spray on glue in the fabric department at Walmart for this. (03/02/2007)

By Denise

Gluing Foam Rubber

My husband suggests trying silicone glue and seal. It comes in a tube at places like ACE Hardware. (03/03/2007)

By bobbisings

Gluing Foam Rubber

Foam and Fabric Spray Adhesive sold at upholstery supply shops. Makes a very tight bond. (03/03/2007)

By vickya

Gluing Foam Rubber

I have used a spray adhesive as suggested by vickya and it was a very strong bond; I bought the can at the home improvement store (Menards). You would probably be able to find it at a Lowe's, Home Depot, or at a local hardware store. (03/03/2007)

By Persnickety Paula