Gluing Glass to Glass

What type of glue should we use to glue decorative glass to glass blocks?

Denis from Ottawa, Ontario

Gluing Glass to Glass

Glue This to That. This site tells you which glue to use to glue things to other things, this tool helps you with that! (12/02/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Gluing Glass to Glass

I've used a good clear adhesive caulk with excellent results. I have a stained glass butterfly that I mounted to a clear glass building block that has been out in my backyard for years and it's still going strong. If the glass your gluing to the glass block is also clear you might want to try a test item first to see if the caulk shows through or not. I also use the clear caulk for mounting stained glass to stepping stones and let it set up before I grout them. (12/03/2008)

By MaryC.

Gluing Glass to Glass

I don't know what is available in Indiana but two ideas come to mind: Ask at your local Lowe's or Home Depot type store or contact your local Glaziers Union. They are a labor union that installs commercial glass and likely would be willing to answer your question.

Good Luck.

Tracie (12/07/2008)

By Tracie

Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Pedestal Dish With Brownies
Making a Glass Pedestal Dish
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together