Gluing Puzzles Together

Category Miscellaneous
This is a guide about gluing puzzles together. Gluing a completed puzzle together allows you to frame your hard work and enjoy it for years to come.

A fun and easy and cheap way to decorate your child's room (and get them involved) is to allow them to pick out a puzzle that they like from the store...

I was talking to a lady about table puzzles. She said she likes to shellac them on the back, once she's got a puzzle put together. She said she used to have trouble turning over a completed puzzle, but she has finally conquered that problem.

She now uses "Glad Press 'n Seal" brand of food wrap for that. She tears off a piece of this brand of kitchen wrap, and places it over the completed puzzle. She then runs her finger on the wrap around the edges of the puzzle, thus making it stick to the puzzle. She is then able to turn the whole puzzle over, so she can put the shellac on the back.

Once the shellac is dry, she can remove the plastic wrap and her job if finished. For those interested in this, no other brand of kitchen wrap will work, like brand I mentioned above.

By Terri from NV

Great Idea!

Another way is to simple seal the front with wide packageing tape you get at the dollar tree!!

I also get poster board from the dollar tree and glue each piece, once I know it's where it is suppose to me. Then, when completed, I trim the paper from the puzzle and seal the front with shellac, tape, or puzzle sealer.

Can you glue a glow-in-the dark puzzle without damaging the glow effect?

Bonnie

glue the backside only

Separate it into large pieces, hopefully halves. Slide each piece onto cookie sheet and then put second cookie sheet on top, then flip, then reassemble on table. Apply glue with disposable brush and don't put on too much so it doesn't soak in between pieces. Lay stiff fabric on while glue is wet, allow to dry, install into picture frame, voila'.

I actually just did a glow in the dark puzzle last week. It was a small one so it was fairly easy. I like the suggestion about using fabric, but I actually put mine on construction paper. I imagine you could also use poster board. I put the glue all over the paper, then put the puzzle on top of it. Then I trimmed it to fit. One thing more. sometimes the puzzle will warp while drying. I put mine on a cookie cooling rack with the wet side down and then put a heavy book on top of it. That gives it a flat surface but it still gets air circulation underneath for drying.