Gluten Free Fried Chicken
Even if you are on a gluten free diet you don't have to give up fried chicken. This is a guide about gluten free fried chicken
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read 1 Comment
Buckwheat is gluten free and it is good for you. I love cooking with buckwheat. The only place I have found it is Whole Foods and a health food store.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 or 5 servings
- 1 frying size chicken, cut in sections
- 1/2 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- Heat oil to 360 degrees F.
- Put buckwheat flour in container with a lid.
- Add salt and pepper and shake to blend.
- Add a few pieces of chicken at the time and shake well to coat each piece.
- Place each piece of chicken in the hot grease.
- Cover and fry for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove lid. Turn chicken over.
- Continue to fry 20-25 minutes uncovered until it is brown. It helps to have a splatter screen to put over the frying pan when frying without the lid.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towels to drain.
- It will be crisp and tender. Enjoy!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 19, 2017 at 11:39:56 PM on 10.0.2.130 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us