DecorationsChristmas

Gold Painted Branch Christmas Tree

I love Christmas, everybody loves Christmas, but I don't always want to spend a lot for decorations especially with the Christmas tree. I don't want to buy the big ones that end up getting thrown away, since our place gets flooded every year and it feels like I have thrown away my money then.

Here are branches from flower bush/tree I found in the backyard which I transformed into a golden Christmas tree.

1. I found this branch on the backyard. This used to be a flower bush in front of the house that was cut off because it had grown too big and covered the front yard.
  2. Ad

3. I made it stand in a big flower pot and filled the pot with large stones to support the tree.
  4. Next, I bought two small cans of golden paint, which cost me only $1.
  5. Ad

6. I painted the tree starting from the bigger parts of the branch up to the smaller ones. Start with the big branches because they are easier to paint than the twigs. Then let it dry for a while.
  7. The next thing I did was put it into my preferred area and then covered the stones with white cloth or you can just paint it with white. Now you can decorate it with Christmas balls and lights. See the beautiful effect of the gold paint in combination with the lights?
  8. Ad

Katrine

You have combined a touch of the homespun with a touch of the ethereal. Very, very nice!

Doug

Very Pretty !!

I'm going to look for a good branch, I would use it for all holidays throughout the year. Thanks for the ide

I think this would look nice at Easter in a pastel color, or at Halloween as black. On and on for all the other holidays.

The sparkle of Christmas with illustrious gold colors. I paint my dried rose blossoms gold and attach a ribbon and place on my Christmas tree then after the holidays, I place the gold rose on a vintage teacup saucer with the tea cup,it sits on my buffet

Great idea!

Thank you all guys! Glad you liked it