Golden Birthday Party Ideas

Golden birthdays only come around once in your lifetime. This is a guide about golden birthday party ideas.

July 28, 2014 Flag

My husband is 57 and it' will be his golden birthday. What is a great family way to celebrate?

By Jo

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm celebrating my Golden Birthday again because I'm turning "58" and I was born 1958 !!! DUH!!

You definitely have that wrong. Might want to look up what a golden year birthday means.

September 10, 2010 Flag

My daughter will be 10 years old on 10-10-10. I would like to plan a special party for her. I need suggestions for a great 10-10-10 party.

By Misty from Millen, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My son will also be 10 on 10-10-10. It's such a cool birthday! I just had to post bc i am so excited to see these. I love the tents idea. We are also planning 10 friends, but 10, 10 year old boys, eek! We are going to go to a japanese steakhouse for $6.95 A boy and that's not bad for dinner for 10. Then we may just have to tent it up in our backyard! Thanks for the suggestions! P.S. Bowling is 10 pins.

My youngest son also is celebrating his 10th birthday on 10-10-10! He thinks it's so awesome to have all the 10's for his birthday this year.

August 19, 2015 Flag

I'm turning 26 on the 26th of this month. I don't know anything about the significance of my birthday or anything else. Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone help me?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It means you're getting older. :)

June 30, 2008 Flag

My little girl will be turning 2 in October and it is also her golden birthday. I would really like to go all out for her birthday but have no clue what theme I should go with. I tossed around the idea of everything being gold from the table cloth to the cake but I'm not sure if that is for a two year old.

She also has a lot of cousins anywhere from ages 9 months to 17. I would like to have activities for all ages to enjoy. I plan on doing an outdoors birthday because the family is so big and it is tough to fit them all in a house. Any help on this matter would sure be appreciated.

Rebecca from Eau Claire, WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My son's b-day is on Halloween but we don't celebrate Halloween and he loves SpongeBob so we're doing a Luau and Spongebob theme. If you know what characters she likes go with that and incorporate the "gold" in there somehow. Good Luck and Happy partying!

You can go to buycostumes.com and also NickJr.com for some really cool games, themes and party ideas.

April 20, 2012 Flag

I'm turning 22 this summer and it's going to be my golden birthday. I need ideas for it.

By Florita from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Throw an 80's party. Those are always fun.

Use a gold theme,like gold balloons.You can have glass center pieces with gold sand with a candle in the middle with white table cothes.Use your imagination.Incorporate whatever your likes are.

November 8, 2011 Flag

What should I do for my 16 year-old son's golden birthday? He's turning 16 on the 16th. He acts disinterested, but I think if nothing special happens, he will be disappointed. What should I do?

By Edie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For guys, it is still the age where they don't want to be treated like a "baby". Is he getting his license? That's a big deal in it's self. I would have him invite a few of his friends over for music, food and movies. Get a cake, chips and some soda. Or vise versa with your family. If he doesn't want to do any of that, take him out to a good restaurant and order him dessert.

My son is 19 now. From about ages 7 to 16 we invited as many friends as we could afford to the movie of his choosing, complete with popcorn, beverages and candy. We go later in the evening so they feel like they're staying out late, but they will have already eaten so you don't have to feed them a meal too. We see the movie too but we sit away from them and we can still keep an eye on them.

Only once have I had to get up and go sit behind them to keep them from being disruptive (they were about 12). Enjoy the day too, Mom and Dad. Your boy is growing up! Just don't embarrass him. ;)

March 5, 2013 Flag

My daughter will be turning 13 for her Golden Birthday! Please help me with ideas, including for a sleep over.

By Cesar S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A pal from work is taking her daughter & 2 of her friends for a manicure. A less expensive option would be to buy 3 to 5 bottles of nail polish (check the markdowns in RiteAid or Walmart). Have them do each others nails, facials, hair whatever.

Google "Making Fairies in a Jar". Jars, glow sticks & glitter (dollar store or less) Saw this idea last night & it is really cute!

November 28, 2011 Flag

My daughter is having her golden birthday on Dec. 7th, 2011. Any ideas on what to do? We live in the northwest Indiana.

By Gina O.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have never heard of a "golden birthday" until I started coming to this site! Well, what are her interests? You can do many things with little girl parties. Dress up party, Princess party, sleepover party...etc.

January 23, 2008 Flag

Golden birthday ideas needed for a 4yrs old girls party?

Carrie from Davis Junction, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have a tes party! My daughter's birthday is in April and I have been snatching up REAL tea cups I find at thrift stores. These will be the party favors that her friends take home! I bought a REAL teapot and we plan to serve some kind of apple juice or sprite soda mixed with grenadine or something. I have beautiful platters that we will srve "tea sandwiches" and "tea cookies" on. I found some adorable fans at my local craft store that had feathers on them and also some feather boas that the girls can wear.

As an activity, you could have the girls make their own fans or garden tez hats with feathers and flowers and toile! You could also do mini-manicures for the girls or some other "grown up" spa treatment. Anyways, that's what my daughter and I are planning for her birthday... she will be 8, but you can scale back a bit for a group of 4 yr olds! We are sending Daddy and her 5 brothers out for the day! haha Since she is the only girl, we are doing it very "girly"... but you could invite Daddy and Grandpa to be part of the tea party for a 4 yr old! :) GOOD LUCK!

If it's all girls, take them to the nearest beauty school for manicures - it's inexpensive & fun! Then hand out goody bags with lip gloss, brushes, & other beauty items - look at the dollar store or at orientaltrading.com.

October 2, 2014 Flag

I have 2 days to make my principal's birthday special with some homemade idea.

By Sakshi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 29, 2014 Flag

I am turning 19 on the 19th of October so I have less than a month to plan something special. Please help me with some fun ideas!

By Nickie A

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 26, 2014 Flag

My granddaughter will be 4 on 11/4/14. We are having a family event, but I am looking for ideas to make it special. It cannot be expensive. It's hard to plan an outdoor event in November. Any ideas; themes, or locations?

By Brenda from Twin Cities, MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 1, 2014 Flag

I'm turning 15 on the 15th of September and have no idea on what I should do. I don't really have enough friends to do something big.

By Tyresha B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 11, 2014 Flag

Where did the idea of a golden birthday come from?

By Gina

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 9, 2014 Flag

Is there a theme for a 2 year old golden birthday?

By Nida E

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 22, 2013 Flag

What would be a fun idea or suggestion for a 29th golden birthday?

By Hillary

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 16, 2012 Flag

What to do for 4 year old golden birthday? What to do gift ideas?

By Judy V. from Osseo, WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2010 Flag

I need some ideas for a 31 year old female's golden birthday on Halloween. She is also carrying my 1st grandchild. We have a Halloween party every year for her birthday, but want this one to be a little more special. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By Tracey from Davis, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2010 Flag

What should I do for my daughter's golden birthday?

By Lillian from Bellingham

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 10, 2010 Flag

I saw ideas for parties for 10 yr. olds, but my son will be 10 on 10-10-10. We've already decided to go bowling with 10 friends. What else related to 10 could I do?

By Donna from Clinton, TN

Answers:

Ideas For 10 Year Old's Golden Birthday

Since you are going bowling, ask the manager if you can get an old bowling pin and have all the kids sign it. It makes a great weight for balloons at the table and a great memory for when your son gets older. I have also seen lamps made with bowling pins. If your crafty you could do something with dimes. 10 reasons why I think you are awesome (maybe each guest could write one thing). (03/15/2010)

By Diamondee

Ideas For 10 Year Old's Golden Birthday

It might be fun as a game to ask the ten attendees to write one thing they think is a "10" (based on a scale of 1 for icky and 10 for awesome) on a small piece of paper, fold it and have them place in a small basket or cup. Read each one off to the group and everyone will be either giggling, smiling, doing a high five and/or making funny comments that children make ;-) (03/16/2010)

By Deeli

Ideas For 10 Year Old's Golden Birthday

Ten "gilded" dimes? Gold paint from the craft store should only cost a couple of bucks. Could be interesting. (03/20/2010)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 13, 2010 Flag

I need lots of different ideas for an 11 year old girl's golden birthday.

By Wendy from Wausua, WI

Answers:

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

I don't know how much money you are willing to spend, but for a surprise thing you could pick her up from school in a limo, as well as some of her best friends. Then afterward have a sleepover party. And for the sleepover be sure to have music, movies, and lots and lots of snacks. Oh and be prepared to stay up very late! (01/01/2010)

By Esmerelda99

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 14, 2010 Flag

I am looking for birthday party ideas for my son's golden birthday and he is will be ten in March. Any good birthday ideas will be appreciated. I want to limit the amount of money I spend.

From Susan in Oregon

Editor's Note: For people who may not know, your golden birthday is the birthday where you turn the age that is the same as the day of the month you were born. For example, someone born March 6th, would have a golden birthday when they turned 6.

Answers:

Ideas For 10 Year Old's Golden Birthday

I am having my son's 10th birthday bash this Saturday. We have decided to do a Michael Jackson birthday theme in memory of the late icon. I purchased a pair of skinny jeans, t-shirt, a button up shirt, penny loafers, and I sprayed a pair of socks with spray glitter. He will also do a performance of Michael's favorite hits. I am renting a 2 bedroom suite at the Marriott so that they can swim until midnight. The children are excited and I can not wait to see his performance. (11/05/2009)

By ow1514

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 15, 2009 Flag

My daughter will be celebrating her golden birthday this year. She will be 6 on the 6th day and its 2006 in the 12th month. Any ideas of what I should do? Help, I am clueless.

Van from Ontario

Answers:

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

We call that a "Star Birthday". You could do the same and have a Star themed party and make her the Star of the Day. (11/02/2006)

By Jill From IA

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

You should try to keep everything gold. We had gold cake, spoons, forks, and pinatas. (12/10/2006)

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

It is my fiance's 25th golden birthday. I am going to make him a golden treasure box with Rolos, golden coins, other gold wrapped candy, and also put in 25 gold pieces of paper each with a different reason why I love him.
(03/06/2007)

By Jen

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

Make it fun for the kid don't stick everything on the golden part. Get fun games. (03/23/2007)

By U_rock_my_socks

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

I just had the best golden birthday ever. I was 17 on the 17th and I bought a all gold sequin dress. It is really tacky, but still cute. Two of my best friends and I walked around Seattle (about two hour drive closest big city) and we got our makeup done and just walked around and shopped. Everybody looked at us, quite fun. Then we went to the nicest place for lunch, over looking the water. Then we went to a movie it was super relaxed and just had so much fun hanging out with my girlfriends, mom, and grandma. (05/17/2008)

By Amy

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

My son will be 26 on the 26th of July I am using roll paper for table cloths and am printing news tidbits and trivia on them like newspaper. We will be making banners out of the same paper with music, TV sitcoms, and movies from the year. We have blow up musical instruments to outline the music wall. Our colors will be gold and cornflower blue. We have rented the hall, sent the fliers, and hired a DJ-Karaoke. It's been hard keeping him in the dark. I think it will be a blast. After the DJ announces his birthday the song "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon will play. (07/17/2008)

By Darla Mae

Golden Birthday Party Ideas

We think a great thing to do for someone on their golden birthday is buy them something they love in the quantity of their birthday. If they are turning 25 on the 25th, buy them 25 of whatever. I got 23 roses on my 23rd birthday on the 23rd of August. (01/11/2009)

By Tina and Sabrina

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 17, 2009 Flag

I am looking for birthday party ideas for my son's golden birthday and he is will be ten in March. Any good birthday ideas will be appreciated.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 2, 2006 Flag

I am looking for ideas for a teen's golden birthday.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 10, 2006 Flag

It's will be my daughter's golden birthday, she's turning 7 on Dec 7th. I'm completely clueless on what I should do or what I should plan.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 23, 2013
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Golden Birthday Invitation
Golden Birthday Invitation Ideas
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Golden Birthday Present
Golden Birthday Present Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:17:47 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.