Goo Gone Alternative

You can make a Goo Gone alternative that works very well (and doesn't smell as gross) by mixing two parts vegetable oil with one part baking soda. The oil loosens the glue, and the baking soda acts as a gentle abrasive to wipe it away. Rinse with hot water and that's it!

Top Comment

This Goo Gone Alternative (GGA) idea works great! I cleaned off a dozen jars of label goo with two tablespoons of vegetable oil & a tablespoon of baking soda. First I soaked the jars for an hour in hot water then removed the labels. I put a spoonful of the GGA mixture on my hand, rubbed it all over the jar, let it sit for a minute and washed it off with soap & water. Thanks for sharing this great idea - it is perfect! I plan to pass it along, too.

I will try this and thanks a lot.

Tried this today and was EXCELLENT! My son wiped on using cotton wool over 6 jars. Went to the park and came back and they all cleaned easily.

Thank you! This worked so well! :)

This worked great! Thank you so much

I was thinking about using a Snapple 16oz glass bottle as a small portable reusable waterbottle, but alas the label was causing me so many headaches. After Googling it I saw this website and read some of the solutions but the most practical seemed to be this one. I have to say this works absolutely flawlessly and it seems to be one of the more practical solutions posted (the other peanut butter one seems promising albeit gross...). Thanks so much. I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon repurposing all of these tomato sauce jars :-)

Spaghetti Sauce Jar with Torn Label
Removing Labels from Glass Jars
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 30, 2013
Girl with a pimple on her nose.
Getting Rid of Pimples Quickly
downloading a file
Deleting a Downloaded File
basket of dirty laundry
Removing Petroleum Based Solvent Odor from Clothing
Little Boy Dressed as Detective
Making a Detective Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 22, 2017 at 4:08:00 AM on 10.0.1.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.